Sign in to follow this  

New '06 CR125

hey all, I just picked up a new CR125!! :busted:

Coming off a WR450f Supermoto, just looking for a change....I thought I'd give the Husky a try!

Any Tips, Tricks, advice for a new '06 CR125 Owner?

TIA :thumbsup:

I would start with jetting. The 125 needs to be able to pull itself on the pipe and stay there and just a bit lean or rich on the needle kills this. Lots of thread on this. I really like using a Keihin PWK carb.

You can get a fmf turbine core if you need a spark arrestor.

The flap that attaches that is in front of the rear wheel (to keep mud off the shock) has groves that will cut the swingarm eventually. Put something on the swingarm to protect it. I shaved off the ridges and used clear number plate protector. I find the torqe specs too high for the forks. I never go above 12 foot pounds for the lower fork clamps to avoid binding.

Plug the hole in the bottom of the ignition cover if you will see lots of water. Once you do this you need to remove it after wet rides or washing though to let any condensation out.

I have heard that most of the skid plates don't fit without mods. I used a FBF glide plate and it bolts right on. CRD makes a skid plate that's supposed to fit right but I could not find one anywhere.

My bearings came with decent grease but keep an eye on the front wheel bearings and swingarm bearings. The WR's have a slot in the steer tube that should be plugged but I don't know if the CR's have it.

Other then that I would just get the ergos and spring rates right and enjoy.

Cool, Thanks NW!

I've got an FMF Turbinecore on the way already,

Good call on the Mud Flap - I would not have even looked,

Any Tips for jetting? - I'm used to the Yammie, so anything that's different? (other than having a air screw as opposed to a fuel screw)

We have a 2006 cr 125 installed a fmf turbine core so as to have a spart arrester.Had the suspention done by Fast by Ferracci ,as for jetting never

looked at or touched it the bike runs fine.Last year my son won the Vickings National Hare and hound desert race 125 expert class on it .Got a few seconds the rest of the year,he did not race much this year .We also run 32 to 1 Motor x oil with 100 octane race fuel.Botton line get the suspention set up and go ride it .We are in so cal desert .

ajax is 100% correct.my jetting is fine with the stock settings.get the suspension done and ride.great bike.

I agree with NWETRIDER the needle is very touchy on the tmx, it needs to be

dropped for tight woods to run clean, and raised for more open areas or its difficult to stay on the pipe over 3rd gear. As you get into more situations with the tmx you will find its flaws. The tmx is a good mx carb, but the husy is a versital bike and should have a carb to match. I just got a pwk and am waiting on needles hopfully this will be my poor mans fuel injection.

use 32.5 pilot, 60 needle at 3#, 410 main, Motul800 2% mix with 98octane gas...and keep the throttle always open!

Zac