some upgrades on a kdx220

Shes an inbreeder lol, 4 months to build, started with an 03 kx 125 frame, installed the motor, electronics and headlight from a 05 kdx 220, put on 06 twin chamber showa revalved forks and shock from a 06 kx250f, an 18 in black excel rear with buchannon heavy duty stainless spokes, a 20 in front black excel with the buchannon spokes, works connection frame and rad supports, msr front aluminum roost guards, custom built skid plate, a kx 125 shifter, a kx 250 kick start lever, pivot pegs, boysen flex grip, renthal fat bars, tusk hand guards, procircuit platinum 2 pipe, a kx 250 factory sound pro circuit shorty silencer, 35mm kdx 200 carb, also has a custom clark 3.0 custom gas tank set up for it, monster off road graphics kit, used the factory front brake line and brake set up off the kdx, to clear the light, uses kx250 f hubs and wave rotors to stop it, rk oring chain with sidewinder sprockets, list continualy grows, I love this bike so much I sold the kx250f, just quit ridin it after this one was born,

Does the kdx really ride like a 4t ive heard that it does?

I had a KDX220 and it does indeed ride similar to a 4t. It's very torquey and the power is ultra smooth throughout the rev range. For the money, it's definitely the best woods bike you can get.

very smooth and tracable power, very 4 stroke like power delivery, kdx motors are stone dead reliable, with plenty of grunt, this is what kawi should have done to the kdx, fredette gave them the insight should have run with it

The kdx port timing is different, not to mention the huge flywheel, actually a strong motor right out of the box, you can lug it in the higher hears or scream it in the low, havin a 6 speed gear box is a plus to. 1st is more of a crawling gear you will hardly ever use, 6th unless your a fireroad fanatic doesn't happen much either,

• 2 weeks later...