Sign in to follow this  

Anyone tried stiffer 450 fork springs yet?

MXA recommended stiffer fork springs (OK, OK, I read it....). Has anyone tried this for MX?

I've had good luck with thier suspension suggestions over the years...... wondering if I should pick some up.

Suspension is dependant on your riding style, weight, skill level & type of racing you do. Just a general recommendation for heavier springs is in my opinion kind of vague. I think it would be wise to do a little more research. I would ask John Curea I am sure he has the correct spring rates for you.

Just like S_Phillips finds his way too harsh. We find the same suspension way too soft.

Jniickel - My bad I've yet to change my signature. I do have the 03 YZ450 and it's very harsh even when ridden fast.

Soft fork springs can make a set of forks feel harsh by letting them hang down in thier stroke. My late-90's KX250s were classic examples. They felt harsh, but stiffer springs picked up the forks a bit and made a world of difference.

I'll try out the stiffer springs when I get a chance to do some suspension testing & let y'all know, OK? (gotta break the bike in first...)

canook -

I didn't know that but makes sense.

Let us know what you find out cause I've got to do something with mine. After the first trip to the track this last weekend my wrists are killing me :)

a guys go to page 4, left click on the question,

"450 question suspension" I wrote a little answer on my exsperience with my suspension. check it out