Anyone else having the same issues?

In late August I ordered a 03 YZ450. They told me I was third on the list and they had 3 coming in, one each month in Sep, Oct, Nov. My problem is that the September bike has yet to arrive, so if this is the way things are gonna be for mine I will get mine sometime in December which is way too long for me to wait as I am sure you all can relate with. No other local dealers are willing to give me the deals that this dealer is and that is why I am putting up with them.

Is anyone else in the same boat as I am in? I wouldn't have any problems getting a 03 CR450F but I don't want one of them. Thanks.

fastenuf4u,

sorry, bad news.

"your" bike already came in -- and went out. the dealer sold it for more than you were going to buy it for. it's that simple. when the time comes that they can't sell a "just arrived" bike for more than you paid, "your bike" will magically arrive and you'll get The Call. this is standard operating procedure in the motorcycle dealer world. lot's of people get screwed by deposits on bikes. the one's who get screwed the worst are the people who got "great deals". your deposit sits in the dealer's bank account or is used to buy more stuff, while "your bike" gets sold at a tidy markup to whoever walked in and made an "i'll buy it at any price" offer. and they will make up every excuse in the book as to why "your bike" has not arrived yet. very few dealers are honest enough not to do this.

it happened to me, it's happened to lots of other people...

check out here:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/bike/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB6&Number=96781&Forum=UBB6&Words=monmouth&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=96763&Search=true#Post96781

jim aka the wrooster

I was in the same boat. First on the list for the September shipment.I then heard one day about the strike going on with the long shoremen on hte west coast and it did seem to make sense. My dealer got his September shipment last week and I p/u the bike on Friday. Keep the faith, the bike is worth it. If you don't want to wait why don't you look into having a bike shipped to you from Canada? I called Zach at goodfellow racing and he had several 450's in stock

The same thing happened when my parents when they bought their Honda CR-V. My dad talked the price down so much that the guy said that they were loosing money on the deal, and he put a deposit on it for ONE night. The next day, Come to find, they sold it to someone else, and claimed they didn't know what happened.

lesson to learn, right away and walk out with it. i got my canada wr400 wich cost 500 more for 5800 out the door. before tax etc it was 5387. they paid 5400 for it. it was th last 2000wr400 and nobody wanted it because of the 01426. i paid on my credit card and said see ya.

If the dealer makes a deal, he should honor it. Next time deal somewhere else. Big dealers are the worst, lots of people to blame....."We don't know who screwed up"

If you want to deal with the guys who move the most bikes, then you are stuck having to accept the $h*tty end of the stick. It sucks, but it is a reality. Putting down a good faith deposit only has meaning when your dealer is dealing in good faith. Generally, they have no enforceable obligation to deliver the bike when promised or even at the price originally quoted.

In my area, the big dealerships mostly work that way. There are however, some smaller dealerships in outlying rural areas that won't jerk you around. Competitive OTD pricing and no bull$h*t salesmanship. Even amongst the big dealers in down, there are one or two who will treat you a little better than the rest. Call around, shop around, don't let them keep treating us like that.

Problem is, when a lot of folks are waiting for new bikes to hit the country, the big dealer has the most leverage to get your business. They will use that to their best profit advantage, you can count on it.

I was told by a Yamaha dealer at a motocross race two weeks ago that his allotted shipment of 450s was cut. He did not say by how many. He was angry because was going to have to return deposit money. Also, the Yamaha dealer I was going to buy a 450 from (who still has it) said his allotted amount for this year was cut in half. I don't know if any of this is true, it's just what they said.

I'm sorry to hear the frustration about buying a 2003 YZ450. My local dealer has one sitting right at the front door that they are trying to sell. I don't know if they can work with out-of-state buyers, but if you want one now, maybe it's an option.

The address and phone is:

1379 W 3300 S

SLC, UT 84119-3344

(801) 972-8725

Talk with Jeff Schoetz in sales and tell him John Whitehead sent you. They are selling for MSRP plus dealer setup and tax.

John

It's all been said before "Supply and Demand". In California I paid way over the MSRP on my bike, but I also had my bike ever sense August. I know for a fact that the Dealer that sold me the bike and had a "list" for the 450. I sure wasn't on the list, but my wallet was. Oh Well :)