Sign in to follow this  

'08 RMz250 vs. '08 YZ250F

I have been doing a lot of research between the RM and YZ for the past couple days on the Internet and on Thumpertalk. I am trying to read what the magazines say with a grain of salt. I had a chance to ride a RMz250 a couple of weeks ago and like the bike a lot. I have not been able to ride a 2008 YZ yet and would like to hear from some of you that have and tell me what you think about them. I had a 2004 YZ250f and loved that bike and now I am riding 2006 CRF450 which can be a handful to ride.

Yamaha has a better finance program than Suzuki and I am not sure if it I want to base my decision on this. If I believe the 2008 YZ250f is an excellent machine to ride, I will buy another one. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Probably, (although I have not ridden one) the YZ is going to be more reliable, but the RMZ is going to steer better. The RMZ's reliablility is pretty darn close to the YZ though. To me, reliability is just as important as steering, but you can always practice and become better at steering, as a lot of people who say that bikes aren't very good at steering just plain don't have the technique down right. I am not sure about the motors. I think that the YZ and RMZ have somewhat similar motors (at least in 2007) meaning that they had very smooth linear power that was very deceptive but wasn't as powerful as the CRF, KX, or KTM. I hope I helped.

I dont know what the rmz is for 08 but my friends 07 rmz blew up after 8months of riding. Clutch plate broke this is a known suzuki problem. Suzuki did nothing and he is left with a broken bike that he still owes money on.That being said the YZ is bar none the most reliable of the new 250 4 strokes period. I am a honda guy and just got a 08 yz250f because of the reliability. Plus I rode an 07 and it was awsome. I could get used to any of the bikes they are so close in performance.And yes the suzuki turns on a dime but I wil take reliability over steering.The yami turns just fine.

pick a your favorite color and ride. All brands are so close today it doesent matter as long as you keep up on maintinence. the only way you would notice a slight difference is if you were at pro rider level, and the differences would be laughable at the very most.

You can't possibly go wrong with the Yami.

My close friends in motocross say "All brands are the same" so what it really comes down to is your personal preference. Some bikes ride just a bit different than others, that's why some people are Honda people and some are KTM. But in KTM's case, they're alot different than the Jap bikes. I personally like Yami's, which is why I ride 'em.

I have been doing a lot of research between the RM and YZ for the past couple days on the Internet and on Thumpertalk. I am trying to read what the magazines say with a grain of salt. I had a chance to ride a RMz250 a couple of weeks ago and like the bike a lot. I have not been able to ride a 2008 YZ yet and would like to hear from some of you that have and tell me what you think about them. I had a 2004 YZ250f and loved that bike and now I am riding 2006 CRF450 which can be a handful to ride.

Yamaha has a better finance program than Suzuki and I am not sure if it I want to base my decision on this. If I believe the 2008 YZ250f is an excellent machine to ride, I will buy another one. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

buy want to want dont listen to other people everyone likes different things. thank god or else all of us would have the same bike car trucks and all of use would be after the sanme woman. ONE thing i would do is pay for it all the day you get it if it blows up u dont want to have to be paying for a broken bike

Thanks for all your responses. Hopefully I will be able to pay off the bike by March or April. I'm 99% sure I will be going blue.

ONE thing i would do is pay for it all the day you get it if it blows up u dont want to have to be paying for a broken bike

pretty sure the odds are in yamaha's favor on that one.

pretty sure the odds are in yamaha's favor on that one.

everything and anything will break, each brand has there own flaws in my eyes they are all good and reliable i just like yamaha the best that why i own them