gearing

i was wondering i am new to 4 strokes i just got my 03 crf450 and i love it so far but i was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on what gears to be in and if there is any different gearing to use i am going to race some arenacrosses and some supercrosses and i want to know if nayone else has raced alot of indoor races on one, and what kind of gearing they used.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jakebarritt
      I have a 2005 CRF450R with a Trail Tech fan kit installed. I need a little bit larger tank and would like to know if anyone has an aftermarket tank that fits with the fan kit.
      I dont need a monster 4 gallon, just maybe a 2.4 or 2.7 from IMS would do fine.  I talked with both the tank vendor and Trail Tech and neither could give me any answers.
      Thanks guys.
      Jake
      Minden, NV
    • By smythe
      Complete 2009 CRF 450r cylinder head with valvetrain.
    • By NickC18
      So I emailed Factory Connection today to see what spring rate I need for the rear as I’m about 6’2” 220 lbs without gear. I also asked for a baseline front fork PSI to start at. This is what I received:
      Nicholas, 
      The spring series we made for your bike is limited when it comes to larger/stiffer rates.  
      The spring rate you need is 5.9/6.0 range. We don’t sell that over the counter as it requires special installation process.  So we can’t sell the spring “over the counter”.  It would have to be installed at our shop.  
      Fork PSI I would recommend:
      Inner 160 psi
      Outer 11 psi
      Balance 160 psi

Are they blowing smoke up my ass? What kind of ‘special installation’ could a spring take? I’ve changed and removed them before but not on a 16’ CRF before.
      Also, aren’t those psi settings for the Kawasaki KYB? I don’t think the psf2 have inner/outer/balance do they? Maybe he was having a bad day...or maybe I’m an idiot. FC’s website list there spring as ALS-0059. Can I not just order this spring and install it to set my sag correctly? Help?
    • By johnsbikerepairs
      hi, i have a crf450R 2009, having difficulty setting the idle knob to factory setting.  Having problems interpreting manual Japaneses interpretation.  Can anyone out there assist with the correct factory setting and how i can manually do the setting ie how many clicks out or in etc...   would appreciate any assistance 
    • By Baja Designs
      Hello CRF450R Owners,
      Bailey here with Baja Designs.  We recognize ThumperTalk as one of the go-to sources for information on the CRF450R and we receive emails daily regarding the best inexpensive light setup or purchasing the B1K setup ran by Ox Motorsports.  We would like this thread to be a General Discussion area for members and guests to discuss Dual Sport Kits (DSK), Lights, and Lighting Acessories based upon stock and modified charging systems.  Please Post up if you have any questions or comments CRF450R related! 
      www.bajadesigns.com