set up for trail riding?

I've just ordered a 2003 YZ250f - is there a bolt-on spark arrestor available? If not, is there an aftermarket spark arrestor combo exhaust set-up that will pass the 96db sound test in effect Jan 1 in CAL parks? Has anyone rode the 2003 through rough single-track - will the stock suspension work OK with serious chop, roots, etc.? Thanks in advance for any help!

Pro-moto billit makes a rivit on sparky for the YZ silencer.

I don't think you will pass the 96db limit with the stock silencer.

FMF Qs numbers are coming in close to that level.

I have the PMB SA on my yz450.I tested last weekend at hollister at 96db.

I have the PMB SA on my yz450.I tested last weekend at hollister at 96db.

Is that with the silent insert or without. I have a YZF stock exhaust on my WRF with the PMB spark arrestor. It tested 101.5 at Hollister. It tested at 95.2 with the silent insert however.

Pro-moto billit makes a rivit on sparky for the YZ silencer.

By request when purchasing you can also get threaded inserts and bolts if you don't want to use rivets.

Thanks for the info. I talked to the folks at Pro Billet (208-377-8747) and they said the silent insert used on 250f's has tested between 94 and 96 db depending on bike, test instrument used etc. - I know the Cal rangers are serious about enforcement come Jan. so I ordered the set-up. Thanks again.

Mine was with only the sparky no silent insert.Stock muffler and the pmb endcap and i was at 96db. :)