Sign in to follow this  

New Pro Wheel, no hole for wheel lock?

Anyone else had this experience (only has one for valve stem)? Is this an anomaly, should I send it back or was this to be expected and should I just drill it out and move on? How idiotic.

J

Anyone else had this experience (only has one for valve stem)? Is this an anomaly, should I send it back or was this to be expected and should I just drill it out and move on? How idiotic.

J

drill it and move on.....The pro wheels are not the highest of quality.

That's what I figured... no biggie, throw it up on the drill press, just wanted to make sure I didn't catch an "oddball" one that should have had more.

As far as quality, we'll see, I've janked up every Excel I've ever had and I'm far from a "hard" rider so I figure it was worth a shot to give the Pro Wheel a chance based on the reviews I read across the web (including here.)

Thanks again.

J

That's what I figured... no biggie, throw it up on the drill press, just wanted to make sure I didn't catch an "oddball" one that should have had more.

As far as quality, we'll see, I've janked up every Excel I've ever had and I'm far from a "hard" rider so I figure it was worth a shot to give the Pro Wheel a chance based on the reviews I read across the web (including here.)

Thanks again.

J

I hear ya on the wheels! Whoever was supposed to drill that hole during the manufacturing process fell asleep at the wheel!!!! I am trying out a set of the Moose rims right now...they seem to be holding up ok. I've seen a couple of the pro wheels crack at the weld <seam>....as far as lacing and truing....I think the excels come out best and are easiest. Good luck!!!!!

the Warp9 wheel i bought didn't have one either...

I think the warp 9's and pro wheels are made by the same company....I think they also make the DNA wheels.

I bought a Warp9 wheel assembly and it came with a hole for the rim lock.

I had the same problem with some pro wheels. I live just 30 mins. from pro-wheel and have formed a relationship with the owner. I even bought my Christmas Tree from him this year as he has a tree farm on the same property.

Pro Wheel is a good product and they support the sport of off road racing here locally and thats more than I can say for any other wheel company. If you're breaking or bending the most recent generation of Pro Wheels, you are going to do the same thing to your excels, I know, trust me :busted:

When I called about the missing rim lock holes they were very apologetic and explained to me where to drill... if you look at your spoke pattern where the hole is for the valve stem it will indicate at what point in the spoke pattern you should also drill hole(s) for the rim lock(s). If you have any questions give them a call :banghead: