Wish I had my trusty XR here in Iraq

We have only been here for a short while, but we have settled into our routine. The sand here is very packed and if I had my XR250, and there weren't terrorists trying to bomb us every day, I think this would be a great place to ride. We have a little free time now and again and if I could have put my bike on the airplane, that would give us something to do in our down time. When I get back to Colorado, me and the family are going to try some snow riding on the trails near Pike's Peak. Ride a little for me while we are here and here's to hoping and praying that we all get home safely. God speed.

We have only been here for a short while, but we have settled into our routine. The sand here is very packed and if I had my XR250, and there weren't terrorists trying to bomb us every day, I think this would be a great place to ride. We have a little free time now and again and if I could have put my bike on the airplane, that would give us something to do in our down time. When I get back to Colorado, me and the family are going to try some snow riding on the trails near Pike's Peak. Ride a little for me while we are here and here's to hoping and praying that we all get home safely. God speed.

My family wishes you a Merry (and safe) Christmas and New Year. Stay low, move quickly, and come home.

-Peter

Thank you "Bonus"

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ

2. The American Soldier

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas to everyone back home. I am also here in Iraq with 160,000 of my closest friends getting ready to celebrate the holidays 8,000 miles from home. I am flying C-23 Sherpa cargo airplanes in the Army National Guard and miss my family very much. Oh well, it's all part of voluteering to fight the bad guys.

I prefer the KTM brand of motorcycle and hope to get me a 08 250 XC-W (e) electric start 2-T when I get back home. I have plenty of Honda's in the garage, but I am a die hard two stroke guy. Take care and thank you for your service to our country.