2002 kawasaki kdx220R

40hp max, maybe. Stock KDX's are around 26, 28hp.

I really hope everybody gives you enough bad gas to ban you. I know I already have.

40 horse :D your on the stuff are you.A stock kdx 220R makes around 35hp - 37ps on the factory specs sheet.Those specs are also on some websites here on the net, you must be crazy were did you ever here that one.A kdx220 to the motor makes 38 hp and to the rear wheels makes 33.2 rwhp.:D you really need that on your head.:busted: .U want the site i got time like you people have on your hands i will be glad to send you the links and of course theres dyno sheets of it stating that it makes 38 hp.U got to be kiddin if you think it makes that much, and also the kdx is a pretty new bike considering that its going to be 2008 soon.Its only a 3 years since they stoped making the bike or even less.But overall that bike has a futuristic look to it maybe not like somebikes today have but somewhat the bike looks like it.:banghead: .The mods will produce more than that if not its all boleshit.

40 horse :D your on the stuff are you.A stock kdx 220R makes around 35hp - 37ps on the factory specs sheet.Those specs are also on some websites here on the net, you must be crazy were did you ever here that one.A kdx220 to the motor makes 38 hp and to the rear wheels makes 33.2 rwhp.:D you really need that on your head.:busted: .U want the site i got time like you people have on your hands i will be glad to send you the links and of course theres dyno sheets of it stating that it makes 38 hp.U got to be kiddin if you think it makes that much, and also the kdx is a pretty new bike considering that its going to be 2008 soon.Its only a 3 years since they stoped making the bike or even less.But overall that bike has a futuristic look to it maybe not like somebikes today have but somewhat the bike looks like it.:banghead: .The mods will produce more than that if not its all boleshit.
A stock KDX200 makes @27hp at the rear wheel, as many dynos have proven. A 220 is @ 26 rwhp. Even with all the mods you suggest (no one in their right mind would ruin a perfectly good KDX like that), you might coax somewhere near 40 rwhp out of it, and it won't be reliable at those power levels. You need to learn the difference between the hp ratings that come from a sales brochure and the real-world hp ratings.
also the kdx is a pretty new bike considering that its going to be 2008 soon.Its only a 3 years since they stoped making the bike or even less
A "new" bike? The current KDX has been around since 1994. And it wasn't exactly "state-of-the-art" even back then.

By the way, you might get taken a little more seriously if you learned how to type, and if you learned to quit dissin the people that are answering your questions.:D

• Like 1

A stock KDX200 makes @27hp at the rear wheel, as many dynos have proven. A 220 is @ 26 rwhp. Even with all the mods you suggest (no one in their right mind would ruin a perfectly good KDX like that), you might coax somewhere near 40 rwhp out of it, and it won't be reliable at those power levels. You need to learn the difference between the hp ratings that come from a sales brochure and the real-world hp ratings.

A "new" bike? The current KDX has been around since 1994. And it wasn't exactly "state-of-the-art" even back then.

By the way, you might get taken a little more seriously if you learned how to type, and if you learned to quit dissin the people that are answering your questions.:busted:

im dissin you man sorry bout that if im rude HAPPY NEW YEAR to you man and everyone on thumoper talk :banghead: .but the kdx220 was produced since 1997 and was discontinued till 2005 after they discontinued the bike so, no it didnt start makin an appearance since 1997, so read your history the kdx 200 has been around longer thats what made the kdx 220R come in at that year by taking its appearnce just with a higher performance charcteristic that changed peoples minds if they wanted a bigger discplacement of more torque and horsepower throughout the piwer band thats what the 220R was ment for.and yes they made there first appearance as a race bike

im dissin you man sorry bout that if im rude HAPPY NEW YEAR to you man and everyone on thumoper talk :banghead: .but the kdx220 was produced since 1997 and was discontinued till 2005 after they discontinued the bike so, no it didnt start makin an appearance since 1997, so read your history the kdx 200 has been around longer thats what made the kdx 220R come in at that year by taking its appearnce just with a higher performance charcteristic that changed peoples minds if they wanted a bigger discplacement of more torque and horsepower throughout the piwer band thats what the 220R was ment for.and yes they made there first appearance as a race bike

Yes, the KDX220 came out in 1997, and was essentially the same bike the KDX200 had been since 1995. The only difference between the 220 and the 200, is that the 220 obviously had slightly more displacement, and a smaller carb--both aimed at giving the bike a little more low end over the 200. The 200 actually made a slight bit more top end power than the 220, believe it or not.

The 220 was the lugger, the 200 was the screamer.

Yes, the KDX220 came out in 1997, and was essentially the same bike the KDX200 had been since 1995. The only difference between the 220 and the 200, is that the 220 obviously had slightly more displacement, and a smaller carb--both aimed at giving the bike a little more low end over the 200. The 200 actually made a slight bit more top end power than the 220, believe it or not.

The 220 was the lugger, the 200 was the screamer.

well yeah its true buit i dont think the kdx lost topend on top at all i think overall the kdx200 would have no chance against the kdx220R

Would you guys please quit talkin to him and let him fizzle out, hes hurtin my head and takin up space.

ok this is a forum not a 2 second convo and than move onto the next one like msn.And a forum if you want to know are topics discussed threw poeple who aggree or disagree on what they are talking about to sort out there issue over who is right and who is wrong thank you.:banghead:

dude yur gonn git liek 100hp from that kdx when its all dun cuz you kno a 500 gp bike makes lyek 220 hp and a 220 is almost haf a 500 so it shud maek at leest that much also u shud be able to smoek any 4 stroke unless its a 600 or so becuz those dont relly have any power.Im pretty sure your 300 will drop the 220 cuz those 300s have about 115 hp u shoud jus race them and see what happinz. anyway i bet u coud totally dust any streetbike with yur 220 cuz its so much liter and more arrowdinamic. when ur bro finishes his kdx he should take it to biek nite and run it aginst somebody wit a gsxr or sumthin im pretty shure hed win cuz its a 2 stroke peace.

dude yur gonn git liek 100hp from that kdx when its all dun cuz you kno a 500 gp bike makes lyek 220 hp and a 220 is almost haf a 500 so it shud maek at leest that much also u shud be able to smoek any 4 stroke unless its a 600 or so becuz those dont relly have any power.Im pretty sure your 300 will drop the 220 cuz those 300s have about 115 hp u shoud jus race them and see what happinz. anyway i bet u coud totally dust any streetbike with yur 220 cuz its so much liter and more arrowdinamic. when ur bro finishes his kdx he should take it to biek nite and run it aginst somebody wit a gsxr or sumthin im pretty shure hed win cuz its a 2 stroke peace.

ah exajeration exajeration i like the drama you play in this role where you get it from kx racer

but the kdx220 was produced since 1997 and was discontinued till 2005 after they discontinued the bike so, no it didnt start makin an appearance since 1997, so read your history the kdx 200 has been around longer thats what made the kdx 220R come in at that year by taking its appearnce
Yes, you're right, the 220 did indeed debut in '97. The problem with your statement is that the 220 is exactly the same bike as the 200, with the exception of a 3mm larger piston (69mm versus 66mm), a 2mm smaller carb (33mm versus 35mm), slightly retarded exhaust port timing, and an ignition curve that was re-mapped for better low-end grunt. All of these changes to enhance low-end torque came at the expense of some top-end performance. Otherwise, they are the exact same bike. The 220, other than the afore-mentioned changes, is the same bike that was introduced in 1994.
just with a higher performance charcteristic that changed peoples minds if they wanted a bigger discplacement of more torque and horsepower throughout the piwer band thats what the 220R was ment for.and yes they made there first appearance as a race bike
The 220 is not a higher performance version of the 200. It's sole reason for existance was the enhanced low-end torque, to make it even smoother and easier to ride in tight, nasty terrain than the 200 already was. It does not outperform the 200 (they are essentially identical in terms of all-out performance), and it most certainly is not a race bike. Can the KDX200/220 be raced? Most certainly it can, and with proper tuning and set-up, it competes remarkably well with more powerful and much more expensive bikes. But it's not a race bike, and it was never intended to be a race bike. What it is, is arguably the world's best trail/playbike.
well yeah its true buit i dont think the kdx lost topend on top at all i think overall the kdx200 would have no chance against the kdx220R
A well-tuned 200 will outperform a well-tuned 220 in all but the most torque-robbing soil. The 220 makes a bit more low-end torque, which makes it easier to ride in really tight stuff and on very steep hills. Anywhere else, the 200 will outperform it. It revs quicker, revs higher, and makes (a little) more power from the midrange on up.

Truth be told, stock-for-stock there isn't a big difference between the 200 and the 220. It's when you start modding them that the differences become pronounced. Due to the larger carb, more aggressive port timing, and more aggressive ignition curve, the 200 has more hop-up potential than the 220. Replacing the 33mm 220 carb with the 35mm 200 carb will close the gap substantially, but not completely.

You really need to do some research before you open your mouth so that you actually have at least a few accurate facts to talk about.

• 5 weeks later...
yeah man, the kdx is a good bike, it responds well to mods, and you can probably get one to 34-36hp with gentle mods, but face it, its been phazed out of racing and been picked up by trail riders as a red headed step child.

Please, use actual facts in your arguments.

Dude you're beating a dead horse...he got banned.