what is the best shift lever out there?

I have a 07' also.I miss shifts from time to time.I heard thats one thing they fixed on the 08'.I was thinking of getting an 08' shifter for mine.So you might try that.I think i saw somewere were that hammerhead was very spendy.....:banghead:

I have a 07' also.I miss shifts from time to time.I heard thats one thing they fixed on the 08'.I was thinking of getting an 08' shifter for mine.So you might try that.I think i saw somewere were that hammerhead was very spendy.....:busted:

yeah i dont have a problem with shifting on my 08. i havent heard anything about hammerhead other then good stuff, but then again i dont look around for hammerhead shifting flaws because i dont have a problem with the way my bike shifts. :banghead:

Everyone says Hammerhead, why? This has been discussed before, and there was an actually discussion between brands. I believe that Sunline won. Something about the Hammerhead being too expensive and ultimately fragile. I've got a Sunline, and it is much better than stock. One of the first things I ever did to mine. Oh, and i have a 12 boot.

your goin forward in years not back, ya never heard one complaint about the 04 shifter, we bought the 06 250f when they first came out the shifter was hideous, 04 shifter bolts right on gives a much more roomier shift point and doesnt have that obnoxious position, check ebay, easy fix couple on there now.

Everyone says Hammerhead, why? This has been discussed before, and there was an actually discussion between brands. I believe that Sunline won. Something about the Hammerhead being too expensive and ultimately fragile. I've got a Sunline, and it is much better than stock. One of the first things I ever did to mine. Oh, and i have a 12 boot.

I didn't know sunline changed anything over the stock shifter. I thought it was the same dimensions. I don't think $65 for a shifter is that bad though.

As far as hammerheads being fragile, I have had one on a honda, and two on kawi's and never had a problem at all with any of them. I do like sunlines products though, I might check them out as well

I just checked on motosports OEM parts microfiche, for the stock shifter MSRP is $68.49, their price is $ 52.16, so I still think for a hammer head that you can get custom lengths in for $69.95 isn't too out of line.

Plus the bling factor is a + as well

Quality is first rate on the Hammerhead. The feature that stands out though is the ability to have a shifter made for you. Please correct me if I'm wrong but OE shifters are meant for Joe average with a size 9 foot. Look at the Hammerhead site and you determine if you think it's worth the extra cost. there is a guy on Ebay that does sell strictly OE sizes and nothing out of the ordinary. todd