Sign in to follow this  

Off road riding schools

Anybody have any recommends on off road schools in Southern NV or SoCal? At the point where I need to loose bad habits and get some new good ones. being an old dude, 54, education seems a good investment, hurts too much to learn through hard knocks.

Shane Watts riding school, I think its called Dirtwise. I went a month or so ago and it was great. He and fellow pro Cole Calkins taught it and both were extremely helpful and had great down to earth attitudes, they couldn't be nicer guys. I, along with my dad who is around your age, learned alot and really lost alot of those bad habits you were talking about (well found out how to lose them, still working on completely eradicating them) As of now there aren't any scheduled for your area, but they are planning on having them there, they've only announced a few so far for 2008. Check out www.shanewatts.com

Shane Watts riding school, I think its called Dirtwise. I went a month or so ago and it was great. He and fellow pro Cole Calkins taught it and both were extremely helpful and had great down to earth attitudes, they couldn't be nicer guys. I, along with my dad who is around your age, learned alot and really lost alot of those bad habits you were talking about (well found out how to lose them, still working on completely eradicating them) As of now there aren't any scheduled for your area, but they are planning on having them there, they've only announced a few so far for 2008. Check out www.shanewatts.com

+1 My son and I went throught one of the first schools put on by Wattsy and he is very good.

Mike Kiedrowski is teaching out here in SoCal. 1 of only 2 guys ever to win a ama championship in 125, 250 and 500cc's.

What school is Mike affiliated with? Did a web search and only turned up historical items.

Keep looking back here on TT. I know Russ Pearson is starting to do two day classes. If you don't know Russ he's a former Hare and Hound Champ and a very cool guy, as are most offroad guys.

I must be blind were is it on his site about the school?

He calls it a ride clinic. Shoot him a PM and he'll give you info. :banghead:

Keep looking back here on TT. I know Russ Pearson is starting to do two day classes. If you don't know Russ he's a former Hare and Hound Champ and a very cool guy, as are most offroad guys.

I didn't know Russ was doing this but I'm definately interested. Great rider and I'm a huge fan.:banghead:

Mike Kiedrowski is teaching out here in SoCal. 1 of only 2 guys ever to win a ama championship in 125, 250 and 500cc's.

And the other was ............... Jeff Ward.

The following taken from.....

http://www.hondaredriders.com/insideline/archivefeaturedetail.asp?ArticleID=090111c08013d663&Type=MC&bhcp=1

The big time turned out to be a 14-year professional motocross career during which Ward earned the distinction as the only man to capture AMA national championships in Supercross, 500cc, 250cc and 125cc motocross divisions.

I hear Shane's schools are very good. Rich Laferty also runs some schools as well.