Sign in to follow this  

Last free week at Clear Creek

Starting Jan 2 you will have to pay to ride at Clear Creek. There are several shops selling season passes but the daily/weekly can only be purchased at the main entrance to Clear Creek.

Information about the fee program can be found at:

http://www.salinasramblersmc.org/Clear%20Creek/clearcreek.htm (Dec 16) and in discussions at: http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48617

Bottom line, buy a season pass if you go the the creek a lot. If not be prepared to sit in line to buy a weekly pass at the entrance station.

A season pass is $80 and covers a transport vehicle and 2 OHVs for the entire year of 2008 (when CC is open). A weekly pass (Wed thru Tues) is $5 for the transport vehicle (Pick-up, motorhome, etc.) and $10 per OHV. Children 16 and under do not need a pass.

they charge us to breath toxic death drown in your own blood asbestos? I guess the EPA won't be shutting the park down any time soon........Good news. Long Live Clear Creek.

I imagine all the money will be going into making it more like Hollister :busted:

It would be more of a shame if it closed down so I will take what I can get.

Thanks for all your work out there Ed :banghead:

I can't get a season pass at Clear Creek? I was going to get one on my next trip up but it sounds like I can't. I usually ride on a week day and was going to go on a weekend just to make sure someone was there so I could get a pass. I'm coming from Coalinga and there are no stores selling the passes in the Valley. I have to make a separate 5-6 hour round trip to get a pass. This stinks. Also looking at the season pass registration form it says the OHV's must be registered to the same owner. I should get two bikes whether I'm the registered owner or not. When I go to Clear Creek it is usually me and a riding buddy that carpool and we were going to split a season pass. It looks like we can't do this. When I went to the BLM meeting at Harris Ranch they made it sound like that scenario would be OK and you would not be limited to specific bikes. I should be able to get in with a season pass and pick whatever two OHV's I feel like using that day and not be limited only to specific ones.

So does Salinas Ramblers ride out to the entrance and pick up there daily pass or do they just sneak in on their own private entrance?

So does Salinas Ramblers ride out to the entrance and pick up there daily pass or do they just sneak in on their own private entrance?

Like most frequent Clear Creek riders, I expect they will have annual passes. For the folks w\o annual passes coming in from the New Idria side or guests staging out of the Ramblers, they will need to ride out to the entrance.:banghead:

Hey Ed what if you go in Idra side is there a fee ?how does Rambler do it?

Starting Jan 2 you will have to pay to ride at Clear Creek. There are several shops selling season passes but the daily/weekly can only be purchased at the main entrance to Clear Creek.

Information about the fee program can be found at:

http://www.salinasramblersmc.org/Clear%20Creek/clearcreek.htm (Dec 16) and in discussions at: http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48617

Bottom line, buy a season pass if you go the the creek a lot. If not be prepared to sit in line to buy a weekly pass at the entrance station.

A season pass is $80 and covers a transport vehicle and 2 OHVs for the entire year of 2008 (when CC is open). A weekly pass (Wed thru Tues) is $5 for the transport vehicle (Pick-up, motorhome, etc.) and $10 per OHV. Children 16 and under do not need a pass.

Rambler won't do that! ride all the way out to the entrance and pay?:busted::D:banghead:

Like most frequent Clear Creek riders, I expect they will have annual passes. For the folks w\o annual passes coming in from the New Idria side or guests staging out of the Ramblers, they will need to ride out to the entrance.:D

Rambler won't do that! ride all the way out to the entrance and pay?:busted::D:banghead:

I guess it only matters if you get caught and recieve a ticket.

I guess it only matters if you get caught and recieve a ticket.

I don't want to buck the system. If paying is what keeps clear creek open, then I'll pay. The problem arises as New Idra is the closet entrance. Takes at least an extra 1.5 hours for me to go to the front. There is no vendor near me selling the passes. This will add an extra 3 hours to a day trip. I guess I don't get day trips to Clear Creek anymore. Not the worst thing that can happen, just makes me wonder what's next. :banghead:

I don't want to buck the system. If paying is what keeps clear creek open, then I'll pay. The problem arises as New Idra is the closet entrance. Takes at least an extra 1.5 hours for me to go to the front. There is no vendor near me selling the passes. This will add an extra 3 hours to a day trip. I guess I don't get day trips to Clear Creek anymore. Not the worst thing that can happen, just makes me wonder what's next. :banghead:

You can set up camp on the Idria side and then ride your bike to the entrance.

The Ramblers have to follow the same rules as everyone else. I will be buying a season pass and have encouraged all other SRMC members to do the same. If a Rambler brings a guest who does not have a season pass, then they will have to stop at the entrance station just like everyone else and buy a weekly pass.

AgoosSS, I believe that park rangers will be working during the week and can sell you a pass. Another option is you could call the Hollister office and ask them to mail you the registration forms that you could mail back with a check.

For those entering from New Idria without a season pass, I suggest that you call the Hollister office, ask for Lesly Smith, and iquire about parking and riding over to the entrance to get your pass. The BLM is trying to discourage parking on the New Idria side and will not be installing an Iron Ranger for fee collection on that side.

one thing that sucks is you cant use the bike sticker on another bike,some of us (not me) have more than 1 bike or what if you are working on one and want to take the other ? or have a sticker and want to borrow a bike ? The truck sticker is transferable why not the other one ? this is a messed up program before it even gets started. they want to make it hard for us and p..... us off.then we buy all the crap and drive 3 or 4 hours and they say its too WET ! go home ! the riding period is limited anyway if you figure it out we are paying high dollar to ride for a short time.we need more fund raisers like the Fun Ride to fight! ET why doesent SRMC open membership on a limited basis ? like a year ? or charge for camping or to stage from SRMC ? to raise money for legal defense ? seems to me if CC closes SRMC will have a very small and confined area to ride. Iam just trying to think of ideas to help this mess because without Money and a Large amount of People we will loose CC.

SJW, the $80 annual CC pass comes with 1 vehicle placard and 2 bike stickers. I think it is $20 for each additional bike sticker after that.:banghead: For more info check out this Link

yes I read that, Thanks but you cannot transfer the sticker for the bike. I just think its a Flawed program before it starts . just trying to come up with ideas:thumbsup:

That is also one of my complaints. The season pass should allow me to get in with my vehicle and any two OHV, not specific ones only. For example, if I have six bikes I should be able to pick any two for that trip or take one of mine and one of a riding buddies and carpool up. More than two bikes I can see the additional charges. I am so upset over this because when I brought up these scenarios at the BLM meeting, although nothing sounded finalized, they made it sound as if that's how it would work. This is a screwed up procedure, IMO. I don't have a problem with some fees to ride but this does not seem reasonable. They should utilize something easy like the Forest Service Adventure Pass system, but it appears to me they are being greedy and devising a complicated expensive system. There is not much of an incentive to carpool, save fuel and keep down the amount of vehicles in the Clear Creek area. The application for the season pass limits it to same registered owner/family. I usually go with a riding buddy to Clear Creek. We live in separate towns and if we drive separate he comes in from the KING City side and I come in from the Coalinga side. Time wise if he goes around to my side and we carpool he has about an extra 15 min drive. But, without being able to have my bike and his bike on a season pass, requiring two separate season passes, there is not much reason to carpool.

For another scenario that they didn't take into account.

My XR600 is street registered. It is not an OHV. How do I figure in to the program? Is my XR a "transport vehicle?"

For another scenario that they didn't take into account.

My XR600 is street registered. It is not an OHV. How do I figure in to the program? Is my XR a "transport vehicle?"

I also have a dual sport and brought that up at the BLM meeting. Then, they indicted if you drive it in and just stay on the road it would be charged the $5.00 fee. If you claimed your intent to ride trails, you would get the $10.00 fee. At the time of the meeting, they indicated if it was brought in in a transport vehicle it would be charged the $10.00 as it would be assumed you were going to ride the trails. I'm really hoping this current system of fees fails and they come up with an easier flat rate system that is also easier to enforce like the Adventure Pass system I mentioned earlier.