Leatt Brace fitting?

For those of you that have been wearing them... I was getting mine setup and adjusted and think everything is setup good. My only concern is on the front. When standing with helmet on and looking down like at my feet, my chin is what contacts the brace, not the helmet. Is that pretty much normal? I like the protection keeping the head from going back though for sure!!!

Thanks,

Khris

nah, I'm happy with the fit of my helmet. Maybe the chin/face piece on my helmet just sticks out a little further then most. Even if it was lower it wouldn't hit.

I adjusted the collar's all the way up on the brace.

Actually looking at it, my helmet looks fine...

011_15A.jpg

For those of you that have been wearing them... I was getting mine setup and adjusted and think everything is setup good. My only concern is on the front. When standing with helmet on and looking down like at my feet, my chin is what contacts the brace, not the helmet. Is that pretty much normal? I like the protection keeping the head from going back though for sure!!!

Thanks,

Khris

Me too........I was not to worried about it

My only concern is on the front. When standing with helmet on and looking down like at my feet, my chin is what contacts the brace, not the helmet. Is that pretty much normal?

It's to cold for me to go get all my gear on and simulate, but I will add that even w/o a leatt, your chin (average joe) will "come out" from your helmet and touch stuff. I would just make sure its fitted right and you're good (at least until you yard sale it and your chin hits the bars). :banghead:

Hey, do you guys wear the straps or just let it rest on your shoulders? I'm wearing it setup with a newer version of the same chest protector pictured above...

When I wear a CP, no straps. When I don't wear a CP, I use the straps. I very rarely don't wear a CP, but there are times when I have my jacket on that a CP won't work. In that case, I'll "tie" they leatt down using the straps; works pretty good.

It's to cold for me to go get all my gear on and simulate, but I will add that even w/o a leatt, your chin (average joe) will "come out" from your helmet and touch stuff. I would just make sure its fitted right and you're good (at least until you yard sale it and your chin hits the bars). :banghead:

You know in 22 years of riding I've never really paid attention to if my chin sticks out of my helmet cause it's never really mattered. I've also in that long of riding never nailed my chin on the bars or anything for that matter and am proud of that record!!! LOL

About the only time I don't wear my CP is in the dunes on occasion.

It did seem to be in place and fine with my CP on without the strap, that's kinda why I was asking.

Thanks for the info guys, it's appreciated!!! Hopefully this is just another thing kinda like my helmet that is there more for looks then use cause I never hit my head!!! :D:busted:

Khris

You know in 22 years of riding I've never really paid attention to if my chin sticks out of my helmet cause it's never really mattered. I've also in that long of riding never nailed my chin on the bars or anything for that matter and am proud of that record!!! LOL

Just this year I was going over a big jump where a guy had a yard sale RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and his chin hit his bar and left him w/ a nasty, stichable cut. I never would have figured, but he proved it to me. :banghead: