Santa tarted up my bike!

Very happy with Christmas this year as I got a heap of bike stuff. Just wanted to massage my own ego by showing off the results.

Did all new OEM plastics and the Flu Designs graphics kit. It was my first time installing a graphics kit and it needs a heap of patience!

I am a bit gutted that it turned out so well as I will be getting rid of the bike in March to upgrade to a '07 WR.

Here she was in her previous glory:

DSC_7083.jpg

DSC_7098.jpg

And here she is now:

DSC_7126.jpg

DSC_7141.jpg

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and I hope everyone has a great new year.

That looks really good. I don't have the guts to put on my graphics so I just have my friend do it.

I have to say it was much easier than in thought. Especially the number plates, I thought I was never going to get those looking good.

The major problem at the moment is tiny areas on the number plates, shrouds and fuel tank are coming up, I am told this is because they have to bend and they have been flat stickers for so long that this is difficult to do. I will keep hitting them with the girlfriends hairdryer, failing that I will go get some glue and stick them down.

You definately need patience though.

I don't know about graphics but on window tint I would lay the tint on the surface I was going to put it on (with the backing still on) and heat it up with a heat gun and go over it with a squeegee. This would stretch it out a little and get it used to it's new form and not the from of a roll. I think it'd be the same on bike graphics.

I would buy some clear vinyl to go over the edges of your tank. FLU puts slits in the tank graphics that go all the way to the edge. These slits get caught on your pants and just start coming off. Mine has already peeled off about 3-4 inches from the edge where my leg touches.