Sign in to follow this  

Brand new '06& '07, which to buy?

I have a dealer near me in NY near the city that has both a new '06 & '07 450 on the floor. There is really not a strong dirt market where I live, and he is primarily a street shop. I am considering seeing how much he is willing to part with them for.

Has anyone worked in a shop and can tell me what invoice might have been and/or how much to offer?

I had the 2006, and I loved that bike. If I am not mistaken, the 2007 only received small changes, including some updated body work(radiator shrouds). I would still go with the 2007, simply because, when it comes time to sell it or trade it in down the road, youll be in a better position to do so...and you can get the RC version IMO:prof:

I have a KX 450 now, and that thing is pretty sweet....I have had a lot of bikes over the past few years, and I must say, I think the RMZ was my favorite. Either year you get, you'll love it.:banghead:

I would consider either one of them good. If I were shopping for an 06 or 07, I would lean towards the 07 IMHO.

Definitely get the 07. It has some minor improvements including an automatic cam chain tensioner.

07 for sure

Remember that Suzuki didnt come out with the 450 till 05 so the newer the better so all the prob were worked out by 07 i think

$4999 Damn thats a good price

'07 for sure. Out here in northern California (Sacramento area), the prices I have seen from dealers that still have '06 and '07s aren't that much different (~$400-$600). The '07 has quite a few minor updates and as has been mentioned before, resale will be slightly better that an '06 but not much given the '08.

You will enjoy your ride whichever you buy.

Thanks for the input to all!! I'm going to go over and decide on the fly depending on the price difference. I'll have a blast on either, I'm sure. $ count for me, we have a new son.

I just picked up an 07 for $4995 OTD in Nevada. I know the dealer took a loss.

I really doubt the dealer lost any money....

Thanks for the input to all!! I'm going to go over and decide on the fly depending on the price difference. I'll have a blast on either, I'm sure. $ count for me, we have a new son.

Congrats on the birth of your new son! If possible, let me know what's left and how much since I'm in the market for an 06-07 RMZ Good luck

Oh and by the way it feels like yesterday my son was born I blinked and he was 10:ride: ....Now he's twisting my ear for an rm85 big wheel :banghead:

awesome news about your son!! you should get the 06 and then use the extra money youd save and buy him a 50 and get it all ready for him when he turns three!! haha

Congrats on the birth of your new son! If possible, let me know what's left and how much since I'm in the market for an 06-07 RMZ Good luck

Oh and by the way it feels like yesterday my son was born I blinked and he was 10:ride: ....Now he's twisting my ear for an rm85 big wheel :banghead:

Thanks, and I will let you know. I'm going to wait 'til the weather forecast turns cold again to go in there. He may really want to close the deal and get some $ if it's freezing and he's not expecting someone to walk in and want one of those. I'll keep you posted....