Carb Tool (does it exist?)

On page 45 of the English section of KTM Owners Manual there is a picture of trick PS tool for EXC. It states that it was made for our convenience, then omits the part number to order. It is not listed in the parts manual either. Does anyone know where to one, as the one pictured looks really compact and easy to use in tight space. I have tried to make my own, but lack a machine shop so have been unsuccessful thus far. Please post your comments, as I'm sure I'm not alone on this one.

The KTM "star wheel" tool as shown in the owner's manual is part number 590.29.034.000 and it's labeled a "schlussel gemischregulierschraube". 🙂 I got it from CycleZone KTM for about $30 and it works great! Add a Briggs and Stratton Tiny Tune for $40 (it gives rpm while the engine is running and engine hours when you shut off the engine) and you're set. I think that it would be nice if KTM would just include it in the tool kit - that's where mine is now.

I use the Kouba full length adjustable fuel screw on my FCR 41 on my 620 and on my wifes FCR 39 on her 400 exc. I had to modify it slightly. The proper pilot jet in the carbs for both sea level and altitude of 8000' is the same if you can back the fuel screw out more than 3 turns out at sea level and still allow some adjustment at altitude. If you do this as I did at the Mammoth Mountain dual sport ride, you will find out as I did that the screw falls out onto the top of the cases(lucky). I found an o-ring on the shaft of the fuel screw tightens it up enough so it is hard to turn and will not fall out. Actually I use 2 o-rings on the shaft below the threaded part then grease the o-rings as I slide them into the drilled out to 1/4" hole in the float bowl. The adjustability of the jet and screw apparently exceeds 4 turns in my own testing as I am at 3 1/2 turns at sea level. BTW both bikes and my buddys 620 have the powernow intake manifold which is a noticable improvement in throttle response. Any comments anyone.