YZ450F Exhaust

I will be getting a new 450 soon. When I get it I will also order an exhaust. I want 3 things out of it(other than increased power):

1. A removable spark arrestor

2. A heat shield(I spent too much on my riding gear to melt it)

3.It has to be LOUD!

Am I asking too much? ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, any other parts that I should get for it before I leave the dealer?

Oh yeah, does anyone know of reputable dealers in the Pheonix area?

I suggest you take off the stock muffler and ride it as is. You will then have all of your objectives fulfilled.

1. a removable spark arrestor (I guess that would be more of a nonexistant muffler)

2. You can keep the stock heatshield for the sake of your pretty pants.

3. Then, and only then, will it be loud enough for someone like for you.

NORCALRIDE

Thanks for the great advice. My pants aren't pretty, but if I get a new bike I sure can't afford new pants on a student's budget. Sorry if my tastes in sound don't agree with yours. I was hoping to get some sound advice not the idiotic ramblings and opinions of random A-holes. ๐Ÿ™‚

I was at my dealer today and they had a Pro Circuit Muffler for the 450. Only problem was that it was only the muffler and it still costs around 470 odd dollars. One thing that I liked though was that the muffler and mid pipe were welded instead of held together with springs. So I guess that with the 450s you are supposed to keep your stock head pipes, or atleast for now. What a bummer that titanium header must be.

Snowbird, relax i'm just jerkin your chain. Do a search and you will find more info than you probably want to read on 426 exhausts. 450 is just to new to have a lot of rider testimonials yet. Personally, I have a Thunder Alley on my 426 and really like it.

Whatever you decide, just remember you're not on a 125 anymore, give the bike some time before you decide what exhaust to go with. It took me a while just to figure out how to ride a 4stroke when i bought mine, then i bought the pipe that matched my riding style.

I agree with snapcrklnpop, wait till you get the bike first, get it broken in, get in some riding time and then re-evaluate. I spoke to one of the local vets at my track. He is the first to have a 450f here and is FAST on this machine(he used to be a factory rider in the '80's). He loves the bike, but says the abundance of power on tap can a handful.

"All we are saying, is give bike a chance"

Snowburd, when you are at band camp steal someone's trombone and weld it to the end of the head pipe. You'll be able to easily adjust the exhaust length and that bastard will be LOUD!

And the brass plating will look neato!

If ya want a pipe, go Thunder Alley. It will use the stock header as its as good as it gets, and it wont be much louder than stock but it will definitley sound different. The T/A has a howl to it that is really bitchen. I love mine. You'll love it too. Unfortunatley, Im at home, and dont have the web site info or phone number handy just now. If you want more info, PM me and I'll get ya hooked up.

Norcalride Sorry about the sensitivity, but I know too many "pretty" riders that are afraid to get their bikes, hands, or themselcves dirty. I am not one of those. I want a different exhaust because I love the sound. A well tuned thumper with a good exhuast sounds sooo good to me. Also,I want people to know when I'm about to pass and get the hell out of my way. :D

I never sell parts until I sell the bike, because the way I ride I always need spares! ๐Ÿ™‚

I do have a 450 and I can tell you that you will not need anymore power right off the bat. Honestly I am getting an FMF pipe is because I ride for them otherwise I probably wouldnt bother. The bike has a ton of power. If you havent ridden one you should. Coming from a 125 this thing will blow your mind. Heck it blew mine coming from a nicely equiped YZF to this one.