KTM 690sm Dyno chart?

Has anyone done a Dyno run on a stock 690sm?

Has anyone done a Dyno run on a 690sm with a full exhaust and the KTM full Akro map?

I would like to see the HP and torque curves on a chart and also the A/F ratios.

I want to see if KTM did a good job with the full exhaust mapping and see the performance gains. I selfishly want to see if anyone has don this before I buy a TuneBoy and pay for Tuner time.

Thanks

Bengi

Has anyone done a Dyno run on a 690sm with a full exhaust and the KTM full Akro map?

I would like to see the HP and torque curves on a chart and also the A/F ratios.

I want to see if KTM did a good job with the full exhaust mapping and see the performance gains. I selfishly want to see if anyone has don this before I buy a TuneBoy and pay for Tuner time.

Thanks

Bengi

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK HERE :banghead: www . ktmforum . co.uk

• 2 months later...

Thanks

Bengi

you will be waiting a long time for a tuneboy for the 690.

it has two ecus, one for the throttle control, and may never get get done.(from what I hear)

Yes I have seen the chat about the 2 ECU and the trouble mapping devices may have.

Since my last post I have put the full Leo Vince and had the KTM full Akro map installed.

Its transformed the bike and I am very happy. The way the bike rides now I dont need to spend $$$ on a Tuneboy / PCIII and tuning time.

I also did the derestriction mod for 2nd and 3rd gear. Also a big help.

• 4 weeks later...

I stole this post form another site:

Looking at the left side of the bike you will see a bunch of wires coming out of the top of the front sprocket cover. Follow them up to the area where the throttle body connects to the cylinder head. You will see a black junction.

There are 3 wires going into the bottom of that junction coloured light green, yellow/green and blue/red. Unplug the yellow/green and the blue/red. The light green one is required for the neutral light. The other two tell the computer the gear position.

Unplug the connector. It's held together with a small locking mechanism. Gently insert a small screwdriver (like a jeweler's screwdriver) to get it apart. It'll take more effort than you think - but not too much. If you take a minute to examine the connector - it'll be pretty obvious how it's held together.

Once you've got it apart, look inside the male portion of the connector. You'll see the three prongs, one for each wire. With a pair of narrow pliers, grab one at a time (only the yellow/green & blue/red) and pull - as if you were going to pull the wire further 'through' the connector.

The prong will 'click' out of position a bit. Pull a tad harder - and it'll work itself a little farther out. You don't need brute force - just patience and steady force.

Once that's done - pull the prong and wire out from the back side of the connector. It should come right out, and come out clean. It WILL work - just a little trial and error is all it'll take. All you're doing is reversing the way the thing was assembled originally. (I'm no electrical guru - I've just assembled connectors similar to this in the past.)

Don't get brutal with it - it simply is NOT necessary. Trial, error and patience.

Do this for both wires.

Once you're done, you can layer some heatshrink tubing over each of the open wires to protect them (use a hair dryer, not a lighter....too much plastic nearby to melt....like the tank. Once you've covered each wire, use a big piece of heatshrink to tie them together, and then zip-tie the whole thing to the outside of the connector. When you're done - it'll look almost as if the factory intended it that way.

Clean - simple - totally reversible in 10 minutes without any evidence.

• 3 months later...