Time for a new bike

Well, I sold my immaculate 400EXC to the first guy who came to look at it this week and now cant decide on which type of bike to get next. In the last few years I have had 2 400EXCs (01 & 02), a 01 250 EXC and a 01 200EXC (still have it). I really loved my 400s and had no problems with them whatsoever, but for some reason, I dont think I want a 450. Is their something wrong with me? Lately, I have found myself leaving the 400 at home and riding my 200 more often. I really miss the light weight of the 200 when I get back on the 400. I wish KTM would have brought out the 250 RFS with more power in a lighter chassis. If they would have done that I would be an owner, but now I am leaning towards a 2003 250EXC 2 stroke again. I dont need or want more power than my 400 had but I really want less weight and more flickability. Any suggestions?

How about the 300? I rode one last weekend and fell in love with it, I'm buying it in a week.

It combines the benefits of both. Weight almost as good as the 200 and power all most as smooth and torquey, albeit stronger, as the 400.

I am leaving the thumpers, temporarily anyhow. I think I am going to get rid of my 01 200EXC also and buy a new 03 250 EXC 2 smoker. I loved my 400s but all my riding buds agree I am way faster on the lighter 2 strokes. I often trade bikes 1-2 times a year so I will be back on a thumper, but I am going to give the 250 a try.

Good luck on the smoker side, Scott. Remember that the 250EXC will weigh about the same as the 450SX so it won't be quite as light or nimble as the smaller framed 200. I sure loved my 99 250EXC. Great bike and the one I'd go back to if I ever went back to an oil burner.

Thanks Jeb! I still would recommend an RFS to anyone out there, but it is just time for a change. I am in a position where I can get a new bike every year so I might as well try something different. Actually, if we had some more dealers in Canada, I would strongly consider a Gas Gas 250EC but I think it might be pretty tough to get rid of up here. I will still lurk around TT, as I know I will be back on the next generation RFS. Hopefully a truly lightweight 250 RFS will be in my future.

Squid,

The 03 EXC RFS's all have the SX style seat and tank so they feel slimmer now. The tank is only .1 gallons smaller (2.1 comapred to 2.2) than the one my 01 400E came with. Both are way too small for any extended riding, though.