Stange Noises???

Last night at track practice I thought that I could hear my bike making strange noises while I was riding. I worry about that kind of thing too much so I just kept on riding. When I unloaded my bike this morning I had my dad listen to it and he thought that it was making a little bit of a strange noise too. Now I'm worried. The noise seems to be coming from the right hand side of the engine. It is a sound that I can normally hear when my engine is running but it seemed louder for some reason, it is hard to describe but it is kind of a raspy "kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk" sound. It also seemed that I could here the "turbo winding up" sound more than usual too. But, then tonight I fired it up in the garage for just about 30 seconds and I could not hear it, it was normal, so I am thinking my hearing was just going crazy last night. I was just wondering if any of you have had similiar incidents or have any suggestions?

Cory

Cory, remember when all your friends in High School said that you had better cut back on the Schrooms. Well, my friend, there catchin up with you. :D

Just funnin with you 🙂, I think you should just keep a ear out for it and make sure that it dosn't get progressively worse. Not much you really can do at this point. JMO.

here is an idea, when i worked at a dealer ship a saw a couple of 2000 426's that had parts of the clutch basket break off. now i know the 2000 year had some troubles with the clutches but the 2001 and up where fixed. some one said if the valve clearence was out of wak it could make a sound too. i don't know cause after 2 years mine has never come out of ajustment. or, maybe your bike is so loud that your ears where ringing.

eh parx

I always check my oil pressure after I change my oil too. I was worried about something on the inside of the motor getting plugged. But I rode it a little more today and everything was fine. I was just going crazy there for a while.

After I change my oil, I pull in the decompression and kick the bike over until I get oil to come out of the gallery bolt. This way I avoid a dry start and I don't make a huge mess.

Cory