Favorite Bike

I will have to admit that my 01 426 is the best bike I have ever owned. Now my 87' XR200r was bulletproof and I rode it like a pure motocross bike that it was not! LOL I can only think of one other bike I need to own that might take the place of the 426 and that is the new 4-fifty! Frank ?

I have two bikes. One was my 98 WR400. I got it when you couldn't get them in California. When ever I went out on a ride where alot of people were around they would point and stare at my bike because they've never seen on before. Also it was so different that any other bike that I've ridden. That was a great motorcycle that never had any problems and always started perfectly. Oh the memories........

And the other one is my 1974 XR75 that was a hand me down from my brother. We had so much fun on that bike when we were kids, we really wanted an RM or YZ but we never got one so we just beat that thing to death. My dad sold it to a friend when it sat on the side of the house for a year or so and I've missed it ever since so years later I got another one (1978) and im restoring it piece by piece so maybe one day Dan Jr. could rip around the backyard like I used to.......

?

My favorite bike would have to be a late '70's model (not sure what year) three-wheeler. It was an electric battery powered CHiP's three-wheeler. I thought that I was Ponch of the California Highway Patrol as I rode that thing around the yard.

Yep, without a doubt.......That was my absoulute favorite bike. I had a blast on that thing.

Bet you never had one like this.........

l22237.jpg

No Way DUDE!!!! I also had one of those Chips battery operated three wheelers!!! We should start a post on just those things! That had to be my first "bike". My 1975 Honda Z50 is what planted the seed. I can remember it now. 4 years old, dad put me on this thing at a garage sale.... I ended up in the guys garden. I swear I rode that thing every day from the age 4 to 10 (before my next bike XR75). There is something to be said about a young boy and his trusty dirt bike. I don't know how a kid would make it today without one. It was what I lived for. Of course my '00 426 is the most technologically advanced, best all around power, etc. I took 10 years off of riding because of 4 incompletley amputated fingers, I was crushed (in more ways than one) when I truley thought I would never be able to pull the clutch again....... the bike to get me back into riding (3 years ago) was a '86 CR500. The thing was a monster....hard to start...way too much violent power for woods riding. Now I get to type to you dudes. Funny how things end up. Of course there is my '98 Bandit 1200, 130 hp, lots of wheelie torque, it is my favorite street bike so far.

Let'er rip boys!

Tim

Tim, your z50 story brought back fond memories. My first ride too was on a z50 when I was about 5 (back then it was called a mini trail with fold down handlebars) and ended up much like your first ride. I remember my dad unloading it from his truck and saying he couldn't pass up such a good deal and asked me if I thought I could ride it. Of course I said yes and rode it about 50 feet right into our trash cans. I remember asking him if it had reverse as he picked me up off the ground. I rode it around in 1st gear for about a month before I figured out I could shift gears on it. I somehow shifted it into 2nd one day and thought I broke it.