Found GREAT deal on adjust-on-the-fly clutch perch

I just bought a great perch here . I'm sorry but it will work for you only if you have an aftermarket Hot Start Lever (DR. D, etc). It has a nylon sleeve to allow it to slip on your handlebars in crashes and the lever has a bearing for easy pulling as well. The whole thing after shipping was less than $45. When the stock perch with lever cost as much as this thing (as does the CR250 perch and lever w/o the hot start), you'd be a fool to buy another OEM one.

From what material is the star wheel made? Plastic? I hope it is aluminum!!!!!!!!!

Also, who's got the hot deal on the Dr. D hot start lever?

Seems like we'd be close to that $100 plus mark by the time you add-up these two items. Maybe is would better is get the one (I do not remember who makes it) PC? makes with integrated H.S. lever and star-wheel adjuster?????

I've had real good service from MotorWorld Racing- plus I have a set of Applied upper and low triples - 22mm off-set - quality is excellent.

Boomer 🙂

Look's great for the price except for me it won't work. :D I have a rc49 hot start which mounts on the same side which I mounted to the front half of a cr250 perch. So what I'm saying is my hot start mounts vertical and this mounts horizontal. Wonder if I can just buy the star adjuster and it will screw in the stock cr250 perch? 🙂

Actually, applied makes an add on "decompression" lever for this perch, but it works just as well as a hot start. I had been running the perch for a while on my 250, but pulled it off when i saw they offered the hot start lever. It's only about $13 for the hot start, but at $60 for the whole setup, it's half the price of a Works Connection and of comperable quality. One thing I did have to do was take out a lot of the cable slack with the adjusted, but no biggie, that's what it's there for right?

http://www.mxsouth.com/applied/appconlevapp.htm

I've got one question. Who in the hell adjusts the clutch while racing an amature event? The lap times are short and the clutch does not fade that much and you should riding your ass off not playing with the clutch. PS: this was an opinion not an attack. 🙂

Maybe not for a short race you have to but the way I practice I'm always out at least a 1/2 hour if not 45 minutes. I'm not implying that I'm going at race speed the full time but when I come in I have too much play for my liking. It's a pain when you don't have the quick adjust if your the type that just likes it perfect all the time. I don't have one yet but am going to get one because of this. Mine sometimes goes to about 3/8" by the time I come in and that's waaaay too much for me. I like a hair over an 1/8.

i just got the applied racing unit ( after a long wait due to backorder)..I ordered it when i got my dr.d hot start..

this is a very nice piece... The lever is a honda bend & looks just like my stock clutch lever but it has the roller bearing in it... so i will carry my stock one around for a spare at the track...

Granted not many of us adjust the clutch when riding but it sure is nice to just come in the pits & turn a star real quick..

Can you clarify what a GYT assembly is? I have no idea and need to know incase I go that route. I don't want to go to a dealer and they give me that "LOOK" as to what is it? Is GYT the company and what exactly comes with it? Is there a web site for it that I can just order it and see a picture of it?

GYT is short for GYT-R, which is Yamaha's after market company for high performance racing products. You can purchase online or at your Yamaha dealer. The pull on the Yamaha clutch is not the same, exactly, as the pull on the Honda, however, most folks do not notice the difference - yet some swear the Yamaha's pull is better.

The Yamaha part is very high quality, and depending upon your discount with your dealer, you might get a great deal on one.

I went with a recommend from someone on TT: The Moose Wertz clutch. It has a needle bearing lever (removes almost all slack from the lever and the pull is easier and more linear). I also run the Dr. D. on the right side - with my smallish hands, it is difficult for me (while on an incline, off-road situation - single track) to pull the clutch and hot-start button in at the same time to start it.

I sure hope this helps.

Dez