Dented Frame

I have a pretty sizeable dent on the bottom of my frame. It's about a quarter inch deep. Is there any way to repair this?? Also, I am concerned about the strength in of the frame now. No, I have not got a skid plate, just the wimpy stock one. Ooops. Any help would be Appreciated. Thnks.

did you just crush the tubing? Using a torch you can straighten a bent frame, but if it's crushed the tubing is too thick to blow out. As long as the metal isn't cracked I wouldn't worry about the frame weakening. You are going to have to give it your best judgement because I really have no idea how bad the dent is your talking about.

If you are going to sell the bike or the dent bothers you that much, then you might want to consider taking it over to a welder or an auto body shop. They will be more than capable of fixing the problem for a price$$$$.

Engine cradle dents are common on bikes without skid or glide plates. I have only seen a few that needed serious work because the tubing cracked or frame had bent.

You would have to case something pretty HARD to do that kind of damage.

My opinion is that the frame is ok, you just put a little scuff on the bikes appearance.

I have a pretty sizeable dent on the bottom of my frame.

you ride on rocky east coast mountains and you have a dent in your frame you say?

yawn. 🙂

fill the dent with bondo if you don't like the looks. i try to keep the dented side down -- just ride on and forget about it.

jim aka the wrooster

Thanks for all the help. I wailed it pretty good crossing RR tracks. I don't think the metal is cracked. I think maybe I am a little obsessive about stuff that isn't even close to paid for. Plus the whole oil in the frame thing freaked me out. I will get a nice new skid plate and never se it again.