A television set!! beat that !!

I am still puzzled over this one.

we were doing some trail maintenance today, using my in-laws 4-wheelers cause we had a chainsaw etc with us.

Anyway among all the usual litter we picked up (mostly pop bottles and cans) we found a television set ๐Ÿ™‚

I cannot understand why anyone would take the trouble to haul that all the way out to the middle of the woods, it was laying about an hour out at the side of a fire-road.

Last week i picked up an old car battery dumped on a gravel woods road :D

What makes me even more angry about it all is the fact that people want us off the trails and i bet there is not one of us anywhere who trail-ride using two wheels that would drop as much as a candy wrapper in the woods!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Den

Lets see, some of the stuff I have seen on the trail...

-A torched Buick Riviera

-motorless XR80

-Industrial airconditioning system

-television sets (a few)

-refrigerator

-lazy boy recliners

-roofing shingles, a good truck load of them with NAILS :D

-tires

-complete truck axles

-truck beds

and alot more miscellaneous stuff. The problem with where I ride is that a truck can get there pretty easily with 4WD, so alot of people go dumping there. ๐Ÿ™‚

I try to pick up as much of the little stuff I can, but refrigerators are a bit out of my capacity! :D

Last month I went out to Marshall Creek to help clean up the park and the only big thing we came across was an old car hood with straight pipes welded to it! It was right behind a turn so if you crashed there, it was a good chance you were going to hit it. Mostly bottles and cans and left over quad parts. I did find a new battery though!

When I clicked on this subject, I thought you might have mounted a tv on your bike. That would be cool...for some reason. Anyway, I live in an area where the is 900 acres per capita. So there is a LOT of open space. It never ceases to amaze me as to the junk I find out there.

A pushed over the cliff `70s Datsun, an old truck with a big tree growing out of it, a back pack and its contents, bear poop, and just plain trash. The pathetic thing about this is, that going to the local dump is FREE for the "townies' and a pu full of junk is only about five bucks!!!

Oh well, sometimes the only thing to do, besides hauling all the junk one sees out of the woods yourself, is try to teach the young ones that in the woods there is no such thing as "away" as in throwing something away. Put the dang thing in you pack.

Although I would never miss an episode of "Junk Yard Wars" if I DID have a tv mounted to my bike. ๐Ÿ™‚:D

How about a rear bumper from a big 50's sedan. I have no idea how it got where it was unless it fell out of an airplane. No car though.

An oily V-6 engine block in a creek. We threw it in the truck and hauled it to the recycler.

Hundreds of beer cans.

Best of all, a used diaper complete with wipes.

Slobs.

Well you guys got my Television all beat :D

We removed it from the trail, never found the remote though but thats no surprise ๐Ÿ™‚

How about this pic then from todays ride, the ultimate in trailside luxury a bath-tub :D

trailbath.jpg

I wish I could catch folks doing this stuff. I'd give them some "old fashion" punishment. Sound too harsh? I don't think so. There is a power line about 300 yards behind my house and you wouldn't believe the amount of trash back there. Can't even ride bach there because there is so much junk. I was out in the shop working one day and heard a car pull up half way into my driveway and stop. I walked toward them (they couldn't see me or my house) and caught a guy about to throw trash off the side of my driveway. Needless to say, I don't think he will be back again. Some people just have no pride what so ever. Makes me sick.

out where we ride there is an old rover 3500 v8(complete car)I don't know how they got it there because it is hard enough to get a bike to where it is then alone that heap of $H!t and in another spot there is an old morris 1100 and is even harder to get to where that is ,I wouldn't like the walk out of where it is it would take a couple of hours at least.But i supose it's amaizing where you can get a car to go when you don't own it.

IAN

I once found an old Ford Taurus that was apparently stolen and joy-ridden by some youngsters. The rear of the car was modified, as there was a 6" diameter tree up into the rear seat. They went as fast as they could down a hill in reverse and then hit a tree. It was amazing what had been done to that car, and the fact that it made it back there in the first place.

Thank your local lawmakers!! In some locales(my old home of Western Md for one) you have to pay a very hefty fee to disarcd items like that in a landfill.

I wonder how they get dumped elsewhere?

Let's see:

1) $20.00 to discard in "approved" manner in landfill

2) free to put it in the woods somewhere

Not much of a decision for some...........

THAT is how the get out there!! ๐Ÿ™‚:D

Thats a good point, Bro' Billz.

Alot of crap gets dumped around some of my local suburban ride areas. A while ago I decided to sift through some junk while I was having a drink break, looking for a addressed envelope of other incriminating evidence. Did'nt find any. Some people are just too CHEAP or LAZY to care about the planet.

Here there are local scrap-yards that will haul old cars away for free and the local garbage collection will take practically anything away if left out on the appropriate day.

People have no excuse here, i think it is just an education thing for instance to dump that car battery where we found it the person had garages in either direction that take batteries for free for recycling, so they must have driven past them not knowing nor caring.

while being an advocate of killing unsuspecting t.v.'s,im not an advocate of dumping them in the woods.throwing them out the window on your own property is acceptable!use of large sledge hammers to really whoop there ass is also reccomended! ๐Ÿ™‚

i only watch junkyard wars and monster garage by the way!and any other coo, stuff like that.i don not watch the news for any reason! :D

I hate to think what's in store here. We used to just get the odd dumped car out there but they've recently upped the tip charges by something like 1000% so it's going to get messy ๐Ÿ™‚ Can't they see that??? Then we'll see who gets blamed, there'll be no surprises there I bet. :D

This won't compare to some of the other junk mentioned butโ€ฆ.

Did those that went to Foresthill see the SL175 on the side of trail 6?

At first I thought it was an eyesore but after some discussion with the "gang" we decided that it was somewhat a monument to the trail it was left on. We figured the trail "kicked its butt" and broke it. There was no way to haul it out and dropping it into the creek would have been too rude. So there it sits as a monument to some poor guys attempt at trail 6.

BTW- We're figuring the guy had hiking boots on with Levi's a white tee shirt (cigarettes rolled in one sleeve) and a white open face bell helmet and of course aviator goggles.

Either way he had a heck of a hike out.

๐Ÿ™‚