2008 TE 450 ride report from ADB Mag!

I did not know red/blue bikes had "user friendly low RPM flutter"....

What is "user friendly low RPM flutter"?

I think it is a reference to a "soft touch rpm limiter" where at a pre set rpm the ignition begins shorting out every second or third pulse rather than just killing the ignition until the rpm drops below red line. It makes for a less brutal cut off.

sorry I misread what you were asking I have no idea how it applies to low rpm

What is "user friendly low RPM flutter"?

I think they mean that a lot of the other bikes are a bit soft in their power delivery down low relative to the Husky. From previous reviews I have read in Australia, they always seem to comment on how the Husky comes on strong right off the bottom, so you have to be a little careful opening the throttle on slippery surfaces. I gather the other bikes have a 'soft' bottom end (to me that means no power down low) so that it enables you to gain some sort of traction before the real power comes in.

I read this a lot in reviews over here, but I know I would rather have consistent power right from the bottom and let me deal with putting the power down rather than waiting for the bike to get into its stride.

I will install the both Power Nows in my new TXC to kick in the bottom end a little,,,,,for the F.I. bikes I am sure the OEM and other fiddlers will find the magic map/chip to get the absolute most out of the F.I. Bikes!!

Might want to hold off spending money on that stuff until you ride it. The TXC510 had a lot more snap and pull than the 07 510 down low. The straightened intake and new exhaust in combo with the new ignition and valve train really woke things up. I would not be at all surprised if the TXC450 is very snappy off the bottom. :banghead:

I keep telling myself to just get the thing and ride it and ride it stock 100% stock except hand guards, and maybe a very light skid plate (CF or thin design Al from CRD). Hey ride thanks for your logical bubble bursting and for thinking of my thin wallet!!! Lol

I have some minor (red)bling in the garage all ready,, no weight adding items,,I also promised myself to keep the add ons to a minimum and be super weight concious with this beauty. I may forgo the full wrap Al Cycras and go for Acerbis Unikos for lite weight and simple design.

Hmmm Ti fasteners............for the bodywork, axle clamps, brake discs, sprocket....etc etc .........the fantasy never ends!!!!

Where is my new toy? I want it ....yesterday!!!! R

I rode a preproduction 08 TXC510 in the tight Washington woods and found it fantastic. I wrote up a ride report in the bike review section here on TT if your interested.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=573441

A fabulous handling bike for sure.

Ride, thanks for the great review.

So when you say fabulous handling, does it turn as tight as the KTMs? I ride mostly western Washington, the NMA Enduro series and spend some time in Naches in the Summer. My three main riding buddies are all on 07 KTM450XCWs. After riding my YZ426 in the tight single track (a la an enduro event 5mph section)the KTMs seemed to be able to pick any line through the corners and would go wherever I wanted. Do the new Husky's have that tight precise turning? I need it to keep up with these guys...

Um, er...where are all the FI-naysayers who but a short few months ago were vowing never to venture into the woods on an EFI machine? Could it be they have been dragged into the 21st Century..??

With superior in every way fueling/ignition performance characterstics. Not to mention fewer emissions.

Hallelujah! A new era dawns!!

Um, er...where are all the FI-naysayers who but a short few months ago were vowing never to venture into the woods on an EFI machine? Could it be they have been dragged into the 21st Century..??

With superior in every way fueling/ignition performance characterstics. Not to mention fewer emissions.

Hallelujah! A new era dawns!!

Not me - I did say there were a whole lot of unknowns, and there still are. I'm certainly hoping for the best.