What's the big deal? (CR450F / WR400F Comparison)

That is exactly it! The Honda does everything so well that NOTHING is a big deal. My 2000 WR400 was YZ spec (suspension, jetting, etc) and scared the crap out of me on most motocross tracks. Not till I got the Honda, did I realize that being scared sh*tless was not required.

The WR400 made me feel very uncomfortable..... when I came up short for a jump, when the bike got sideways in the air, when I had to stop quickly after a jump before a turn, when I was in a rut and ran wide and jumped to a different rut, or when I had a long and high jump where the landing was flat and hard. (It did work well on open winding fire roads)

My blisters are even gone. Most likely the result of a death grip.

The Honda handles each of these situations as a none event. No big deal. If you've only had the chance to ride the Honda, then you may not realize how truly competent this bike is, because everything is done like it's no big deal.

The only downside is that the Honda forum is kind of boring. The WR forum had 100's of fixes to make the bike work better. The technical exchange of information was truly indebth and interesting. The biggest question the Honda forum addresses is ..... Gee, what oil should I use.

I am going to really miss spending hours jetting and tweeking my WR... NOT. 🙂

I know what you mean about the Honda forum being kinda boring. I've been on the YZ forum for a couple of years and there was always buzz on fixing this or that. Here, the big buzz is how to fix chain slap or how to check the oil. Almost never any jetting issues, plug fouling, starting, cracked tanks, hubs, sprockets, gears and so on. The guys on the YZ forum are outstanding with knowledge on how-to stuff and I think it's great. I still visit often, just can't apply any of that good stuff to my CRF. Does that tell you something?

I should probably say the this may be because the YZ has been around longer and there are more of them out there to need fixing. There are more YZ forum members to do posts. Also, the new YZ450 may solve many of the current/past problems. Mind you, I still have my 426 but I don't ride it much since I got the CRF and thus don't tinker with it much. 🙂