suspension work

I'm looking to get the forks and shock revalved and set up.

I just wanted to get a little feedback from some members out there that have had work done to their suspension. If you could give me the company that did the work and whether you are satisfied with the performance gained. Maybe even give me an idea of what the total package cost.

Right now I'm considering KPS and Pro-pilot, but I would like more feedback on some of the other companies out there.

Thanks!

I have the same bike as you. I got my forks done by Factory Connection. The service is very professional, and I would have to say it was money well spent. Just over $300 included new springs, disassembly and reassembly, polished/lathed tubes, fresh oil, complete revalve, and shipping. A nice thing is that they'll have a guy in the field at some of the tracks during the week. I went to the track with my forks and was able to speak to him in person when I dropped off the forks. It makes a sustantial difference in ride quality, especially bottoming resistance over larger jumps. I would recommend Factory Connection. In fact, I would recommend focusing on suspension tuning prior to engine work. With a tuned chassis you will be much faster with a stock motor, than with a worked motor with stock suspension. Just my too sense.

NUT 🙂

I had mine done by mx-tech. The gentleman (John Curea) is a thumpertalk member and one hell of a suspension tuner. His shop is in western Pa and he has specially constructed boxes he'll send you to pack and ship your suspension in. Everyone who has ridden my bike loves the work.

I think it was around $450 and that included a rear spring, plus the re-valve, seals, etc, etc.

Bill

Sorry I've never heard of the companies you mentioned.

I had my 2002 YZF250 done by MX-Tech, including shipping you will average around 300.00 Per end. If you ride alot its worth it. I have no complaints about MX-Tech, quick turnaround great service. I compare it with my friends stock yz250 two stroke which was similiar to mine stock & its a big difference. My friend says my bike rides like a cadilac on the trails compaared to his. You could always do the front only and see what you think before you spend the money on both ends. A florescent light box will allow you to ship the forks without waiting on a box from the company you choose.

The bike is a 01 YZ250F and I'm looking for a set up to use in motocross and some supercross style tracks. Something that can take some really big hits but at the same time be able to soak up rough G-out sections of a motocross track without wanting to pitch me to the ground. I have played with my suspension quite a bit, everything from oil height to clicks and right now I have it set the best that I can get it. But there is nothing more that I can do. The stock suspension is great, but it is really starting to hold me back anymore.

Thanks to everyone else for their input.

It's Greatly Appreciated!

I have the same bike and do the same type of riding. I had my suspension done by Enzo Racing. The forks use a sub tank system that allows for a plush ride, yet will soak up the hard bumps. You really get the best of both worlds. I haven't ridden a suspension that I like better. It is also the choice of many of the factory pro's as well. It's not cheap, but well worth the price. You can reach Enzo @ 714 541-5218.

Thanks

Scott

:jawdrop:Wow, it seems like everyone is pleased with who did their suspension. Now I have over a dozen companies to choose from. It definitely makes me wonder why I have waited this long to have it done.

Ok here's the big Q.

Who has had any problems with their set up or the company that performed the work? And, was the problem fixed or settled?( warranty, etc.)

I have a bad habit or luck with killing parts so i figured I would ask.

Thanks 🙂