Sign in to follow this  

just bought some rad hoses

Paying for CV4 or pro circuits rad hoses is a joke. I bought Silicon heater hose form Fluidsystemengineering.com. The hoses i bought look exactly like the one pro circuit of cv4 provides. the Silicon heater hose, blue one, is good up to 350degrees F. I ended up buying 2 feet of .75 in, 1 foot of .50, and a foot of .62 in. At the end, the cost of everything including shipping was about 20 bucks :banghead:

here are some pics

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

here is a pic of a small piece i have left over:

DSC_0457.jpg

Thanks for telling us, the lengths you ordered (if you did it again) did it work out right.

when i measure the inside diameter of all the hoses they were just a tiny bit larger than the sizes that they offer, but when the hoses are attached, the openings are stretched out a little bit.

as for the sizes:

1 foot of .50 inch slicone heater hose (Long hose at the bottom)

2 feet of .75 inch heater hose (Hose from the water pump to the rad and the hose that connects to the head of the cylinder)

2 feet of .65 inch heater hose (the hose that connects the two rads)

Racer24, in the first post you said you ordered one foot of .65 inch, in the last post you said two feet of .65 inch... would one foot be enough I just ordered one foot of the .65 or should I call them up and order two feet of the .65 ?

Guess I was too eager on a good deal after reading the first post I didn't make it to the last until after I put the order through on there website. 20 bucks, thats just to cheap to pass up compared to the 100 buck alternative. :banghead:

one foot is enough but i bought 2 for some reason. I onle used it for the hose that connects the two rads through the y fitting.

Did you guys just call and ask for silicon heater hose, very clean bike by the way

Very nice I think that I am going to have to try this once I get my kaw!

nice post up, im goin to buy the green aftermarket hoses that are pre cut to fit. its on the expensive side but with my luck i will mess something up cutting lengths haha and man, you gotta get that bike in the mud some time! too clean

do you have any pictures of what the exhaust side looks like? im wonderin what it looks lik with out the pre bent hoses.

do you have any pictures of what the exhaust side looks like? im wonderin what it looks lik with out the pre bent hoses.

the only problem i had was the hose that connected to the pump from the bottom of the rad. its kind bent in the middle. but i figure that when its gets it will start to get soft. right now i have a clamp on it to keep it straight. but its good enough for antifreeze to pass through

DSC_0461.jpgDSC_0460.jpg

i just realized that the .65 hose can be used for the rad hose that bends like an "L". The problem with the .75 is that its softer as the inside diameter increases. So for those tough bends the hose will start to bend and get pinched. However, the .65 is a little harder to get pinched for that kind of bend

nice post up, im goin to buy the green aftermarket hoses that are pre cut to fit. its on the expensive side but with my luck i will mess something up cutting lengths haha and man, you gotta get that bike in the mud some time! too clean

i do ride it especially in the mud. But during the winter i have nothing to do, so i tear the bike down and clean everything. As you can see i started to polish the bottom of the frame. I like to keep my bikes clean like KJ790. I hate it when the dirt on the engine case starts to stain the case and when you go and clean it off a month later you see that it leaves a dirt stain.

I think racer24 is doing a great job, a clean bike is a dependable tight bike. How do they prebend the hoses that cost 100 bucks?

If I push some of this hose through some bent rebar, then slowely heat up the outside with a heat gun, do you think that will help it mold to a bend?

While these hoses look good, I would be concerned about the "kinks" in them. By the looks of it I would guess that the I.D. would be reduced by about 50%. Not good for coolant flow. I don't think I would risk it to save some $. Not bashing, JMO.

A kink would be a concern, but I don't see that there would be any kinks. The one right side radiator L bend hose would be the only one to be concerned about, there should be a way to mold or prebend them. Why would the I.D. be reduced 50% ? Its the same exact diameter as the normal stock hose so it wouldn't be reduced at all, let alone 5%, where did you come up with 50% ?

IMO, a hose is a hose, regardless of how much you spent or what logo is printed onto it. Silicon is Silicon, and these are rated up to 350 degree's.

I noticed that same website sells all kinds of different sized oil cooler's too, that would be a sick little mod to extend the oil capacity with a small external oil cooler mounted behind one of the radiators.

A kink would be a concern, but I don't see that there would be any kinks. The one right side radiator L bend hose would be the only one to be concerned about, there should be a way to mold or prebend them. Why would the I.D. be reduced 50% ? Its the same exact diameter as the normal stock hose so it wouldn't be reduced at all, let alone 5%, where did you come up with 50% ?

IMO, a hose is a hose, regardless of how much you spent or what logo is printed onto it. Silicon is Silicon, and these are rated up to 350 degree's.

I noticed that same website sells all kinds of different sized oil cooler's too, that would be a sick little mod to extend the oil capacity with a small external oil cooler mounted behind one of the radiators.

I think what he means is that when the hose is sort of kinked/bent it will reduce coolant flow by a bit. Hes not saying that the hoses alone will reduce flow...at least thats my interpretation :banghead:

Couldnt you just heat up the hose to make it more a little more pliable, and it would form the l shape a bit better?

oh btw, we do the same thing...PC is ripping you off.

its not pinched shut to the point where only a little bit wil flow through. its just slightly bent. besides i put on a hose that had a smaller diameter because the .75 in hose was softer and a lot easier to bend as well as pinch. The .65 hose wil bend into the same shape and will not pinch the hose as much.