Sign in to follow this  

Clear Creek?

Thinking about riding there this weekend...do you need a spark arrestor out there...I have an out of state white sticker on my RM250 but no spark arrestor. Anyone ridden there? I have flown over it and it looks like fire roads...are there any trails/hill climbs/jumps?? Thanks!!!!

Yes, you need a spark arrestor. The place is all trails and hill climbs. The fire roads are probably all you can see from the air.

Thinking about riding there this weekend...do you need a spark arrestor out there...I have an out of state white sticker on my RM250 but no spark arrestor. Anyone ridden there? I have flown over it and it looks like fire roads...are there any trails/hill climbs/jumps?? Thanks!!!!

In Cal you need a spark arrestor when riding off road pretty much anywhere other then a MX track period.

what about pismo? I've ridden there several times and people don't use SA's...thanks!!

I grew up riding Pismo back in the day. Never got asked for a spark arrestor.

But these days expect to get asked for a spark arrestor in Cal where ever you ride. Especially after all the fires we've had in the last few years.

Like I said before MX tracks usually don't require them or a green sticker. But in any OHV park or Forest they will be looking for them even before the red or green sticker.

Sparkies are required on any public land in California.

The fine varies. BLM $60. The state $600!!!

Clear Creek will cost you to ride. Just started 1 January. I think it is $15 per bike per weekend & $5 for the vehicle.

what about pismo? I've ridden there several times and people don't use SA's...thanks!!

pretty sure you don't need them there... its open to red and green stickers year round. you won't get stopped if your actually in the dunes either... just don't be an ass around camps and next to the ocean and you'll be fine:thumbsup:

Globalwarmer is correct and it will cost you $5 for your transport vehicle and $10 for each OHV. With the new fee program I would expect that there will be a ranger checking green stickers and spark arrestors at the entrance station.

So no special permits? Seems like I read somthing like that somewhere.

I really want to ride that area but i need to talk to my local riding groop to see who would want to join us.Then will put up a poast in hopes to find someone that knows the trails and is willing to dragg us through the gnarly stuff.