DTX 450

Just picked up a new YZF450 from Canada. This will be my daughters(National Number 79) 505 class Dirttracker. I have the suspension covered, but I am a bit out of the loop as far as headwork, carbs and pipes available. We haven't been on YZs since her amateur days('97). Anyone get me pointed in the right direction? Thanks

The bike is sooo new there is not much you can do. pipes from the usual, fmf WB, PC etc, I have heard the carbs come perfect now, and head work, well the head is so new i bet there is very few people who whave done anything with that. good luck with the raceing and its nice to see a girl out there.

parx

Thanks guys, but this bike will be ridden on some 1/2 mile and Mile dirt ovals against 500 Rotaxs and some pretty wild 450s. Speeds will be in the 95 mph range on the 1/2 miles and the 115/120 range on the miles. For the small 1/4 mile tracks, I have no doubt stock will work fine, But when we get to the big tracks, we will need everything we can get. I am not talking about the local tracks but rather Grand National races. Thanks again in advance.