Sign in to follow this  

New owner of a 07 rmz450

well after a few years riding quads i stepped up and got on 2wheels. so is there anything i should know about the bike, or anything that should be replaced? i looked thru the forum but just want to know if i should be doing anything or if its good to go stock.

well after a few years riding quads i stepped up and got on 2wheels. so is there anything i should know about the bike, or anything that should be replaced? i looked thru the forum but just want to know if i should be doing anything or if its good to go stock.
You're no longer on a couch with wheels, be careful. By the way, congratulations and I doubt you'll ever look back! :banghead:

A few things to go over on a new bike, grease the rear suspension linkage, go over the spokes after the first few rides(see previous posts for procedure), Grease the steering too. They come with minimal grease in those spots. Clean the air filter every ride, the oil every other ride, the oil filter every other oil change.

You'll love the 2 wheels. It's much more versatile and fun once you get the hang of it. Have fun!

I would chance stock grips away. They are a bit slippery!

Stock grips are glued. I used knife to cut off them and sandcasted the rest. I replaced them with basic renthal grips, medium soft.