Seal Savers - are they good?

I have seen these seal-savers and they seems to work fine. The price is not so bad, but the real cost is the installation work. Are they worth their price and extra installation work? 🙂 Would you recommend them? Any pitfalls or special care required?

Thanks for your advice.

Luis.

I had my suspension re-worked and put a set on in the process, I have heard they help the seals last longer, I have also heard they don't make a difference. I have heard more positive than negative though. The suspension guy said they where a good investment. They are also Easy to put on, even if your not having your forks revalved, its a 20-25 minute job, the forks aren't that hard to remove. It also matters about how much you clean the inside of the seal savers so they don't "hold" the dirt in place & adding some grease inside the dust covers and cleaning that area regularly. It boils down to good maintenance = long seal life. I have to believe the seal savers are big help. Honda puts them on the XR's from the factory that must mean something.