Helmet visor is useless.

Does anyone have a problem with the sun shining directly onto their goggles while it is still early in the afternoon?

I have an AXO MM zero helmet and when I have it on without goggles I can see the front edge of the visor barely poking out past the top of the helmet opening. With my goggles on I can't see the visor at all. This is with it adjusted as far forward as possible.

If I'm riding before about 10 A.M. or after about 2 P.M. the sun glare on the goggles makes things a lot harder to see if your riding in the general direction of the sun or with it just off to either side. Back in the old days the visors were bigger and a bit of a windsock but they kept the sun off the goggles till much later in the day.

Whats the point of the visor if it barely keeps the sun off your goggles?

Are longer visors available?

I have the Scott High Voltage goggles. Do they make some sort of lens which cuts down the glare/internal reflections when sunlight is shining directly on them?

It's a bit of a problem when your trying to pick out that root/rock thats just waiting to trip you up. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

Try polarized sunglasses instead of goggles. You can look directly towards the sun and still see where you are going. I don't ride my street bike without them and wear them inside my motocross helmet also. They're awesome. Ray-Ban is the best but high $$. You can buy decent pairs at sporting goods and ski shops for $10-20 now.

Scott makes all kinds of tints for ski goggles. I'm sure some of the same single lens models are sold for dirt biking.

I highly recommend AGAINST using sunglasses made out of glass. Have you ever shattered a "shatter proof" lens? The last time I broken a lens, there were pieces of sharp glass everywhere.

I wear Silencio shooting glasses when I know the dust won't be too bad. Impact resistant and they trap less heat inside your helmet. About $14.

Ray Ban lenses are NEUTRAL DENSITY lenses and not POLARIZED. This isn't to say that there aren't some Ray Ban polarized lenses, but the VAST MAJORITY of Ray Bans are neutral density lenses.

Neutral density means it cuts down the transmission of light evenly throughout the visual spectrum (colors).

Polarized lenses cut out all HORIZONTAL light coming thru a lens. Horizontal light has been reflected off something, therfore they make great sun lenses, especially for driving and around water.

Polarized lenses are the best sun lens..... IMHO......but riding a dirt bike with them might be a mistake, because it is harder to "read" terrain with them, due to the lack of horizontal light.

Dr. Bill, the eye Doctor 🙂

I didn't know that about Ray Bans. I thought they were all polarized. Maybe mine are cuz they work real good for driving towards the sun-very little glare. I do own other pairs of cheap glasses that are supposed to be polarized and these work pretty good too. I noticed that with these glasses, car windshields all look purple. Why is that?

I've had the same problem because i ride late in the day quite a bit. I got a pair of scott turbo flow goggles that came w/an Amp Blue lens. (I think thats what they are called) At first i thought they would be too dark. They are excellent at cutting back that glare. It's my preferred lense right know. I only use the clear lense if it's solid over cast. You might see if thesame color comes for you frames. Try it you'll like it.