Question$$$$$$$$

How do all you guys afford brand new bikes. i live in Australia and bikes go for around 10k brand new. My bike is a 50th hand 1997 ktm that i got for $3200. i aint that poor either. am i missing something or did all you guys win lotto?

We are all old, childless and have no girlfriends, and therefore have lots of disposable income.

I put more of my income towards motorbikes than any other aspect of life. I think its like 60:40 bike/life.

it realy does help not being married and having kids i guess..

and bikes are alot cheaper here.

cant really afford them,ha ha but buy them neways,and dealwith the debt,kinda sucks but if u really like this sport u should be on top of line bikes to be the best u can be ya know.and sponsers help, really easy to get ur dealer to sponser you, 25% off parts and good deals on the bikes

ive never owned a new bike. savin my pennies for an 08-09 144SX.

loans, loans, loans

I got my new 08 YZ450F for around 6K:thumbsup: Also, I'm using Yamahas money. At the end of the year they offered 0% and no payments for a year. Can't beat that! I also sold my 06 YZ450 for $4300.00, so that helped.

I don't buy new bikes, but what is 10k there compared to here? New bikes are closer to the 6-7k range. What is your tax rate there? Maybe that has something to do with it too if you are like Canada.

its called get a loan......my bikes finnal price came out to $8,550.00 and I got a loan and my payments are $145 a month I dont have a car payment so I can afford the bike payment no prob.

I work my ass off. If you want it bad enough, you go get the money.

I don't buy new bikes, but what is 10k there compared to here? New bikes are closer to the 6-7k range. What is your tax rate there? Maybe that has something to do with it too if you are like Canada.

At the moment 10k AUD is Approx 8500US.

Iam in OZ too and i just use what ever finance the bike shop offers and the 2 months later i re-finance with my bank to a lower interest rate. easy.

My latest bike and gear costs 175 a month.

:banghead:
How do all you guys afford brand new bikes. i live in Australia and bikes go for around 10k brand new. My bike is a 50th hand 1997 ktm that i got for $3200. i aint that poor either. am i missing something or did all you guys win lotto?

America, land of plenty. I just take the money from savings and "buy it". Do you finance everything? Interest will eat you alive. You will find if you save and pay cash, you will have lots more $$$ for more bikes, accessories etc. Interest makes you a slave to other people. Work for yourself instead. Something to ponder, for every used bike you buy, someone had to buy it new, so someone down there is buying new all the time. :banghead::busted:

I put more of my income towards motorbikes than any other aspect of life. I think its like 60:40 bike/life.

it realy does help not being married and having kids i guess..

I'd say it does help being married. Wife makes great money also. We pool it all together. As for kids, empty nest at 37 yrs of age helps too.

that sucks man, 10g's? i afford my bikes with half from my mom and the rest from my money from working and selling old stuff

We WORK longer than most countries, with fewer vacation days. Plus with no VAT and the sheer bloody-minded competitiveness of the US retail market, prices are good.

I believe you're experiencing the economic imbalance of the world. Most of the posters here are Yanks. Yanks have more "expendable" income than anyone else. Hence, new motos every year, boats, toy haulers, big gas guzzling RVs and all the other things that make us a shallow, albeit happy group of humans.

We WORK longer than most countries, with fewer vacation days. Plus with no VAT and the sheer bloody-minded competitiveness of the US retail market, prices are good.

Oh yeah, and there is always THAT.:banghead:

When I work a 75 hour week including one 30 hour stint like last week, it's easy to "blow" some money on a toy like my bike. Now buying the kids' and wife's bikes is a whole different story...$$$$.