Question$$$$$$$$

cant really afford them,ha ha but buy them neways,and dealwith the debt,kinda sucks but if u really like this sport u should be on top of line bikes to be the best u can be ya know.and sponsers help, really easy to get ur dealer to sponser you, 25% off parts and good deals on the bikes

I don't buy new bikes, but what is 10k there compared to here? New bikes are closer to the 6-7k range. What is your tax rate there? Maybe that has something to do with it too if you are like Canada.

At the moment 10k AUD is Approx 8500US.

Iam in OZ too and i just use what ever finance the bike shop offers and the 2 months later i re-finance with my bank to a lower interest rate. easy.

My latest bike and gear costs 175 a month.

How do all you guys afford brand new bikes. i live in Australia and bikes go for around 10k brand new. My bike is a 50th hand 1997 ktm that i got for $3200. i aint that poor either. am i missing something or did all you guys win lotto?

America, land of plenty. I just take the money from savings and "buy it". Do you finance everything? Interest will eat you alive. You will find if you save and pay cash, you will have lots more $$$ for more bikes, accessories etc. Interest makes you a slave to other people. Work for yourself instead. Something to ponder, for every used bike you buy, someone had to buy it new, so someone down there is buying new all the time. :banghead::busted:

I put more of my income towards motorbikes than any other aspect of life. I think its like 60:40 bike/life.

it realy does help not being married and having kids i guess..

I'd say it does help being married. Wife makes great money also. We pool it all together. As for kids, empty nest at 37 yrs of age helps too.

How do all you guys afford brand new bikes. i live in Australia and bikes go for around 10k brand new. My bike is a 50th hand 1997 ktm that i got for $3200. i aint that poor either. am i missing something or did all you guys win lotto?

I believe you're experiencing the economic imbalance of the world. Most of the posters here are Yanks. Yanks have more "expendable" income than anyone else. Hence, new motos every year, boats, toy haulers, big gas guzzling RVs and all the other things that make us a shallow, albeit happy group of humans.