RG3 Triple Clamps yes/no?

Anyone use RG3's? Just curious before I spend the money if they are worth it or not. They seem to be pretty solid. But I'm just not sure if they are any better than Applied which are almost half the cost. I guess I like the rubber mounted four post system tha RG3's have because they say it really helps with reducing fatigue and arm pump.

I got the RG3 upper clamp for that very reason, I get horrible arm pump and hand fatigue, It has helped a lot but has not completely eliminated the problem, I get much less arm pump but I still get had fatigue. Overall I would say it's worth it. It is very nicely made and it really does help.

I have the RG3 triple clamps and Renthal fatbars and I can ride harder and longer and I have not had to pull over for arm pump yet. I did a 20 minute practice the other day only when I thought about checking my forearms did I even notice they were tight. I am happy with them.

When you say all tweeked, I guess you are talking about the handle bars bending if you crash because. The four point mounting system will not twist the way two point mounting systems do. The two point mounting system twisting in a crash I would think can save your bars from bending in some cases. But then you have to finish the race with twisted forks. (if you race) As far as hitting the ground and the bars not bending, I don`t know how much give the the four point mounting system has. So I can`t give you an accurate answer for your question. I have not crashed yet with my new set up but , now that I said this I am sure its going to be the first thing I do next practice, 🙂. My main reason for buying RG3 top clamp was less vibration to my forearms and they work great in that aspect. Last year I used Renthal Twinwall bars and they didn`t have ANY flexability at all. This year I am using the Renthal Fatbars and I like them much better, They definately have more flex than the Twinwalls. So watch your handlebar selection, you don`t want to buy a bar that is too stiff and offset the benefits of the triple clamps. You feel armpump more than you feel crashing(I HOPE). So I think the benefits of less armpump outway the less desireable effects of crashing. Hope I helped you out (Ride safe)

motoman725,

I'm taking you're advice, I ordered the rg3 triple clamp today! One of my racing buddies put them on his '03 YZ250 and also loves them... said the same thing you said.

Any way as far as bars getting tweeked in a crash, the same friend crashed HARD and cartwheeled the bike... nothing twisted or bent, just ripped grips. I had an '01 CR250 and '99 KX250 both of which had rubber mounts and they did twist on even mild crashes. But the four post system is supposed to eliminate that but still give the vibration and impact absorbtion qualities.

Brady

I hope your buddie was ok after flipping his bike, tell him thanks for being the crash test dummy. Their was alot of people including myself wondering what kind of hit the handlebars could take with the four point system. Also,what kind of handlebars was he using? The race season is over here in the northeast So take these last few weeks of riding to get used to your new bike, no more crash tests. (Ride safe)