WHAT KIND OF BOOTS DO YOU USE.

I have a pair of MX boots, but they don't really work for me. They are stiff and there is no traction on the sole. Now I am using a low cut hiking boot. My only concern is that in the event of a crash or something, it will not provide enough protection. I need a boot that is more "Dual Sport" than MX. I need traction, protection, and comfortable enough to be able to hike a short distance w/o the feeling of walking like Frankenstein.Even though it is close to Halloween. So, what king of boot do you wear? Thanks!! ๐Ÿ™‚:D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still shopping, narrowed it down to 3, but swaying towards the

cheaper ones:

Fox Tracker - $129

MSR World Tour - ATV Sole - Has better walking traction - $129

ARC Corona ATV Sole - $80

Surprisingly the ARC Corona has metal buckles, dont see that on

sub $100, or even sub $175 boots often if ever.

Anyone using these care to comment...?

Ultimate in foot/ankle protection..........Sidi Flex Force SRS. Just got mine, fit like I've been wearing them for years............

I mentally feel safer passing very closely to roots and rocks sticking out the side of the trail too.

Dodger ๐Ÿ™‚:D

Thor T-20's......don't buy them, they're junk! My wife bought me a pair of these last spring and I will need to replace them next year. Total junk- plastic buckles, vulcanized(non-rebuildable) sole. My dad has a pair of old Hallman mx boots(mid 80's) that the soles wore out on years ago. He has since had new Vibram lug soles stitched on. It cost him like $85, but it was well worth it. It really pissed off the boot repair guy though; he told my dad to "never bring them damned things back here again"!! I guess they weren't very easy to stitch ๐Ÿ™‚

Fox Formas

Bought them used from Wild-fx when he went Super-moto.

Saved my legs a few times, once for sure when i was riding alone and going up onto an old ATV bridge.

I was not paying attention and stalled, put my foot down, which went through a hole in the old planking ๐Ÿ™‚

As the bike was falling on top of my trapped leg i thought i was going to hear my leg snap but the boot took the strain.

Getting the bike off me and my leg out of there was challenging enough :D

I have Alpinestar M4's. This is their entry level boot. Good solid boot. you might look at Logger's Boots. they tend to be pretty stout. You should also do a search for trials boots. Trial riders usually prewalk the sections they ride. Trials boots are suppose to be better for walking in. they usually aren't as tall or as stout as MX boots. Soles are suppose to be good, riders need a good sole for when they bail off the bike, hence the attention paid to the sole. Never seen a pair tho!!

I love my AS vectors. They give the support and protection needed but i can still walk around without looking like a total good.

BLK-RFL - those cat boots are possibly the best work boots ever made. I have a thing with boots, been through dozens of them. The cat's are also sold by snap-on with snap-on on the side instead. Of corse they will set you back as much as a pair of MX boots ๐Ÿ™‚

I use some 18" high Snake proof boots made by LaCross, I live in an area with Rattle Snakes and I hike some to.

So MX boots don't work for me, there also water proof, there really nice I like them allot, there stiff enough to give you good protection but still able to hike in them when I'm off my bike. www.sierratradingpost.com

๐Ÿ™‚