Milliken HS series cancelled

Maybe I can clear up the confusion a little. Milliken is close to a town where the county only lets them be open a few days a week due to DUST! If they can't water the track, then that means a lot of dust and the county won't allow it. SUX!! 🙂

That sure does suck. I feel bad for all the people that are going to drive hours and hours, just to find out it's cancelled. It's only about 15 minutes from my house, but I have only been there once because it has been closed every time I try to go there. Also Berthoud is only one more exit south, they are never closed (we've even riden there at night shhhhhhhhh!), and the track is awsome nowadays. I can understand the dust situation, it sure does get dusty out here without water. I've seen traffic jams on I25 from the dust cloud created at Berthoud on no water days, and been involved in more than one dust storm there that traps everyone in their trucks for an hour, it gives me time to smoke one.... I mean think. I'll see you guys on the 27th there, I'll probably be driving my green Toyota Excab with the nice wheels and BFG's. Or you could just look for me on the podium after the race(yeah right). 🙂

Yeah,

you'll be the guy standing to my left or right with the 2nd or 3rd place

trophy..... 🙂

It was so dusty out there during one HS you could not see where you

were going when you headed to the back trail section. Talk about scary,

haulin' @ss and can't see 10 feet in front of you......

haulin a$$+can't see what's in front of you+big deep gully=broken back on labor day.

Thank God it was just a minor compression with no complications (i.e. sh!tting or p!ssing pants), it's already feelin real good, and should be 90% by the 27th. (my back has never been at full 100%). Hope they water the whole course!

They do a great job prepping the VDR HS course. They water every bit of the track for DAYS ahead of time. Ride back there on friday or sat, you will see the trucks and tractors back there. Yeah, there aren't any trees or streams, but from what terrain they got, they make a damn good 6.5 mile MX track.

Hokie, CB went well. Alot of the stuff around CB was snowed in, so after playing in the white stuff a couple hours we went down to Hartmanns Rocks and rode the high desert. There is some good singletrack there. The mtn bike race "Rage in the Sage" is held there, its worth riding. Temps were in the 60s, really nice. The only bummer was a mtn biker was hit by a car and killed next to us as we were loading up. It was weird, a car only comes by there once every 10 minutes or so.