Fair price for New 08' YZ450F

I looked on TT for a thread but could only find one from 2002.

I am going to buy myself a 08' YZ450F when I return from Afghanistan in April. My dillema is that all of the local dealers will not come off of MSRP a penny. The reason is that you have 30,000 troops here that come home from "the war" with 25k + in there pocket and go in and say "I want that one, Here is my cash" So I am going to travel to buy it but I have never bought a new motorcycle before and just wonder what is considered a fair deal for both me and the dealer. Also is it better to pay with cash or not? Thanks for your help guys.

I am going to buy myself a 08' YZ450F when I return from Afghanistan in April. My dillema is that all of the local dealers will not come off of MSRP a penny. The reason is that you have 30,000 troops here that come home from "the war" with 25k + in there pocket and go in and say "I want that one, Here is my cash" So I am going to travel to buy it but I have never bought a new motorcycle before and just wonder what is considered a fair deal for both me and the dealer. Also is it better to pay with cash or not? Thanks for your help guys.

Call Abernathys in Tn for the best price. The 08s ain't setting sales records so plenty are available and by april dealers will be lowering prices as the 09s will be the hot ticket item for july/sept/oct....if any dealer here in the SE is charging full MSRP by then....they are idiots. THe bike will have been on the streets almost 10-12mos by then. If not screw that dealer....go buy elsewhere. Also be safe over there in Afghanny:thumbsup:

http://www.abernathycycles.com/

Jarman's Sportcycles in Charlottesville, Va is a good dealer too. Very easy to deal with, and great service. I drove 3 hours from the Suffolk/Chesapeake area to them and it was well worth it to get my 08 250F (paid cash..so much easier), and they've got me as a repeat customer.

1-434-293-4406. Ask for James Jarman. Make sure you ask for an out-the-door price.

Also, thank you for your service. :banghead:

I can get you one around 6K +-! Let me know

I had good luck with two dealers in VA. One could not get me an 08 but offered a real good price on a 07, the other, got me an 08 for close to $500 under MSRP and he made plating it a $50.00 deal.

If you willing to take a ride:

Cycle Center

Culpepper, VA

540-825-5544

Ask for Charley (Owner)

Also try:

BURCHAM CYCLES

PRINCE GEORGE, VA

804-526-2300

Wes, that sounds like a great deal, very kind of you to extend the offer to ttweedle. :banghead:

Man it's worth it. Be even more worth it if I could snag some gas. haha:lol: Just kidding. I'm happy to do it. We buy a fair amount of bike through our dealer so he usually can drop the price a little bit because of our volume. Thanks Wes:thumbsup:

I could not agree more with the recommendation of Culpeper Cycle Center. I buy all of my bikes from Charlie Lacy (5 in the last 3 years). Gave me a great deal on each one of them and he is a pleasure to work with. I bypass another Yamaha dealer on my way. Heck, he’s even delivered a few of them right to my doorstep. Best price around, great service and a true motorcycle enthusiast!