Sign in to follow this  

Clear creek Weekly Pass

The BLM started charging a fee to use Clear Creek. It is $80 for a season pass or you can buy a weekly pass that is good from Wed. thru Tues. Weekly passes are $5 for the transport vehicle parking and $10 for each OHV. Children 16 and under ride free. Makes for an expensive one day trip.

To expedite the process of getting a weekly pass when you arrive at Clear Creek I would like to make the following suggstions.

First, bring exact change because the BLM people can't make change (easily). You will need $5 for the yellow envelope for the parking pass for the transport vehicle and $10 to put into each white OHV pass envelope. You can pay by check or by credit card. If using a card you will have to fill out a form with your personal information and credit card number. If it were me I would bring cash or a check.

The BLM requires that you fill out information on the envelope including the green/red sticker number so write down your sticker number on a piece of paper and stick it in you wallet so you don't have to get out of the truck. If your bike is new and you haven't received a green/red sticker yet from DMV, then write down your VIN number.

Bring a pen with you to fill out the envelopes. Bring additional pens if there are more than one person. Most of the BLM pens disappeared during the day so BYOP.

When you have finished filling out the envelopes, tear off your receipt and make sure you get the weekly sticker for the bike out of the white envelope. The yellow receipt for the transport vehicle should be displayed on the dashboard of the truck once you park.

The busiest times were between 8:30 and 10:00 so if you can get there earlier there should be less of a wait. Better yet, get a season pass and just drive in. Of course everyone in the truck will need to have a season pass or you will have to stop.

Thanks for the info Ed.

So if I park at the Ramblers property and ride with a club member I will have to first ride to the pay station and buy a weekly pass? :banghead: The only way to get around this is to buy a season pass? Buying a season pass really is not a option for me because I only ride CC a few times a year. :busted:

Ed,

Thanks for the heads up.

So it sounds like it had been a cluster out there on the weekends. To bad.

I grabbed up my pass a while ago so I didn't have to wait in line.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

Yes, if you ride out of Rambler's camp you would still need to go to the Clear Creek entrance to get a pass.

Thanks for the info Ed, I know how hard you've worked to keep Clear Creek open for all of us over the years.

This all makes me sad and a little angry. I know what riding was like here 35 years ago, boy has it changed, and not for the better. I have visions of what it will be like 35 years from now, if we can ride at all. A trail pass will be about $500 a day, it will entitle you to 3 20 minute sessions on the trail. When you get to the trail start, you'll have to get a number for your turn on the trail. Then when it's your turn, you can enjoy your 20 minutes on the perfectly safe and groomed trail, exactly 8 feet wide with 12 foot high fences on both sides. Don't get too excited though, it's not like you can roost or wheelie when your electric dirtbikes speed is controlled by the parks computer system. When your 20 minutes are up you'll be at the end of the loop, remember, speed and distance are closely monitored and controlled. Yippee! Then a quick 15 minutes to get out of your federally mandated safety suit and you can relax at your truck until your next turn on the trail. Oh I forgot, trucks were outlawed 10 years before by the greenies.

So next time I ride at Clear Creek, assuming it's not too dry or too wet or the wrong time of year, I'll wait in line to pay $35 for me and my buddies to get in. And I have to be so careful I don't ride in the wrong area, since it's so easy to tell what's closed off and what's not.

Maybe it won't take 35 years.

Thanks for the info Ed, I know how hard you've worked to keep Clear Creek open for all of us over the years.

This all makes me sad and a little angry. I know what riding was like here 35 years ago, boy has it changed, and not for the better. I have visions of what it will be like 35 years from now, if we can ride at all. A trail pass will be about $500 a day, it will entitle you to 3 20 minute sessions on the trail. When you get to the trail start, you'll have to get a number for your turn on the trail. Then when it's your turn, you can enjoy your 20 minutes on the perfectly safe and groomed trail, exactly 8 feet wide with 12 foot high fences on both sides. Don't get too excited though, it's not like you can roost or wheelie when your electric dirtbikes speed is controlled by the parks computer system. When your 20 minutes are up you'll be at the end of the loop, remember, speed and distance are closely monitored and controlled. Yippee! Then a quick 15 minutes to get out of your federally mandated safety suit and you can relax at your truck until your next turn on the trail. Oh I forgot, trucks were outlawed 10 years before by the greenies.

So next time I ride at Clear Creek, assuming it's not too dry or too wet or the wrong time of year, I'll wait in line to pay $35 for me and my buddies to get in. And I have to be so careful I don't ride in the wrong area, since it's so easy to tell what's closed off and what's not.

Maybe it won't take 35 years.

:cool::applause::busted::crazy::prof::p:eek::lol::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

i heard that it was going to happen last year, which is to pay to get in. this kinda stinks that you gotta pay for it and they say the money is going towards the park and yet more trails keep getting shut down.

that is such bull. do yuo guys know if they charge to bring in 50's as well? m sure they do as they are considered OHV's. i never recieved a green sticker for one of my 50's and hope that wont be a problem. NE one know?

that is such bull. do yuo guys know if they charge to bring in 50's as well? m sure they do as they are considered OHV's. i never recieved a green sticker for one of my 50's and hope that wont be a problem. NE one know?

You will need to get the sticker... they are checking reg and recording vins too.

Best bet would be to take reg to place where they sell season pass and get on for the 50 too then the ranger will not have to check every time

This isn't bad ya' know. It will filter out the one's that eff the place up for the responsible riders, as too will reduce the amount of riders out there. I'll bet it becomes a good thing in due time.

The money gate always filters out the dirtbags.

This isn't bad ya' know. It will filter out the one's that eff the place up for the responsible riders, as too will reduce the amount of riders out there. I'll bet it becomes a good thing in due time.

Like a Dress Code at the night club :cool:

I hope your right

that is true.