First Ride on 2003 CRF 450

I finally rode my new bike this past weekend Oct 12-13 & I have to say that this bike absolutely ROCKS! I bought it back at the end of August but just now have had the opportunity to ride it. My previous bike was a 1999 CR 250 & I have no regrets going from a 2-stroke to 4. The only complaint I had was trying to start it after stalling it & I think that was more my fault than the bike as I'm pretty sure I was cracking the throttle slightly as I was trying to kick it over (yes, I was using the hot start) old 2 stroke habbits die hard. It did start on the first kick every time before each practice though. So anybody interested in a 99 CR250?

No way i could have waited 6 weeks to ride mine, you're a stronger man than I. I also made the switch from an '01 CR250 about 3 weeks and I have to say I agree, the bike rocks. Oh well enjoy it, and I hope you get to ride it more often. 🙂

no kidding! how did you manage to NOT find time to ride? amazing. didn't even taker her up the road, eh? you're the kinda guy i'd want my daughter to date. "wait till marriage type." congrats on the new bike, er, new ride!

Yeah, how you do that? I'm not much better off! I just got my CRF450 yesterday and I probably won't ride for week or so. I crashed my 426 Saturday on a triple...result: my penis is blue and swollen (never had that happen before, but it looks pretty cool and the wife likes the swollen part...LOL); I think I have a chipped/bent/out-of-joint ? hip and/or pelvis bone; my whole right side is black and blue; my left leg (inside) was eat up by the back tire; my right elbow and arm is skinless! however, I was able to hobble into the Honda dealer to buy the 450, although I could not load nor test ride it. MAN, I HAVE IT BAD to be 40 years old!

I got my bike two weeks ago and 30 min after signing the papers I was breaking it in. Since then I have found every excuse possible to go ride. This bike is so much fun. I went to the dealer with my gear in the truck. (wife thought I was just going for a ride) Smoking was easy to give up. 🙂