Overflow or no overflow?

I had been thinking about this too. I want to use the slimmer YZ side panels. The FMF silencer does not need the space that the factory cannister did on the right side and removing the reservoir is the way to get the left panel to fit. I wouldn't mind keeping the overflow capability either...

I am going to try to get rid of the cannister but leave the loop of tubing there to hold fluid. Obviously this will not help if I boil over but it might keep the radiator topped off otherwise. Any thoughts?

From what I have seen it is less than a pint of fluid that leaves the radiator under normal circumstances. I was thinking of maybe oversizing the tube diameter in the section that runs from the vent to the previous reservoir location. This section bows down under the front of the seat then comes back up to the rear of the seat to form a sort-of reservoir - if further venting was needed then it could continue to atmosphere through the existing return hose. Some coolant would be lost during acceleration or a wheelie but it could be minimized with thoughtful hose routing. ...just thinking out loud here a bit.