Storing for Winter

I know some of you guys don't have this problem but some of us are unfortunate and do (why did I ever move from AZ to MN?). I was wondering what do you all do to your bike before storing it away for the winter? It's snowing out as I speak...It's way too early for that white stuff to be here.

Why store it. I ride mine year around. Stud the tires and go riddin. Granted you may get a tad more snow than we do in Michigan. But still. Snow riddin is a blast. And it keeps ya from going insane during the snow months. Usually by January my wife tells me to get outta the house and go ride. NO PROBLEM I say.

I am sure you will find some more info in the archives somewhere........ But, I do put my bike away for a couple of months too. Change the oil, start it up to get the fresh oil circulating, then I drain all the gas out of the tank, and carb bowl. I then pull the plug and put a shot of marvel mystery oil (sometimes I have heard of two stroke oil being used) down the hole.....kick it over a couple times. If you use watter wetter or something other than 50/50 antifreeze/distilled water, switch back to 50/50. Put it up on a stand and go inside and cry. It is important to have fresh oil in it if the engine is going to be sitting for any period of time.

I hope this helps.

Tim