Sign in to follow this  

'08 dr-z400s

I weigh 250lbs,6ft.,is the stock suspension ok for trails and street.No mx tracks or jumps,just rutted log trails?:cool::applause:

your good to go. The bike will feel like a pig at first but soon you will be used to blazing by police legally.

I should say the bike feels great for being street legal, of course they feel even better when the suspension modified.

If your just tooling around its ok.

Have your dealer set the sag for you, adjust everthing for your dimensions. They will do that you know!

I'm 6'1" and 265 and my 07 is fine with the stock suspension. I wouldn't want to do any heavy trails with it that soft (I keep a KDX hidden out back for serious woods abuse) but it is fine for street/dirt roads/mild trails. :cool: Have the dealer dial in some pre-load to suit you and you'll be good.

its a night & day dif. when you put the right springs in and another night & day Dif when you get them valved:thumbsup: it might feel ok tooling around:bonk: I say do it all Springs & Valveing you will never want to ride a bike not setup for you again:naughty: it realy does make a great Upgrade you can feel everytime you throw a leg over it:thumbsup:

i have to disagree im 175 without gear and my suspension is too light for me. but i ride like hell in the dirt too sooo. but still, your 250. i would respring unless your just communting or something

I weigh 250lbs,6ft.,is the stock suspension ok for trails and street.No mx tracks or jumps,just rutted log trails?:cool::applause:

Depends on how bad the trails are... Rutted log trails are sometimes full of logs you need to get over/around etc... Try stock then see what you think.

The bike is set up for like 185 pound rider so remember that. Of your 250 with gear you may be closer to 275.

Like everyone says it will work but off-road you may want something a little more "set up"