Looking for Action in Europe

I'm doing the backpacking through europe thing and would like to see some local motocross racing. As of Oct. 16 I am in Hamburg, Germany. I have to say Germany is a great country. Anyway, if someone could direct me to a website with a schedule for either Germany or any other western European country I would be very greatfull. Even just local club racing would be great. Thanks for your help. <font color="black">

Holland (specifically Amsterdam), is "The Place" to go if you want some action... LOL Stay too long in the wrong cafes and you will be too sleepy to worry about much action... 🙂

Try to get to an internet cafe and search google.com or such, buy a local magazine, even just to get some dates and websites out of it if it is written in a foreign language...

Grab a phone book and look up local clubs... Ask in the local bike shops, or look on their noticeboards...

Ask the local Backpacker hostel/YMCA managers about it - you will probably find you have to travel to the countryside for the tracks, you will need directions...

You may find that a lot of the big events are over for the year, though some warmer countries may be still riding... check out some ice speedway and observed trials too - great sports...

Good luck, enjoy your time in Europe, I look back at my 6 month cycling/camping adventure with great fondness...

David

If on the 26 of October you'll be still in Europe you MUST not miss this event taking place in Genova (notrthwest Italy)

http://www.offroadproracing.it/genova2002/piloti.html

It is in Italian but I'm sure you'll understand form the pilot's list quality the type of event. It is indoor in the evening. Click on "TRACCIATO" if you want to see the track. There will be also Freestyle session (with backflip).

I suggest you to phone at this number for info: +39 0584 85229!

i am leaving in italy, i don`t think that the race of GENOVA is worth the time ... ok metzger will try to do

the "back flip" but thats it.

if you want there is a SX race in PESARO, all of the big stars will be there (MC,remsey,fonseca,pichon...)