Throttle Recalibration

has anyone done a throttle recalibration with thier GP software? I am finally going to try to get rid of the low end hesitation my e440 has. Last time I rode...August...it threw me into a tree...really, it was the FI...I swear! New bars, some bending back into shape here, 6 screws in my hand and I am back in business. Bad year. My rad is also bent. Maybe I will put in an '03 radiator.

Anyway, when my dealer put the new ECU in my bike I am not sure what tuning they did if any. It was all new to them. I am not sure if its running lean or fat or what. The idle is low...around 1650 rpm so it stalls easy. I am wondering if I should start from scratch by recalibrating the throttle so I am sure it is set correctly. Am I playing with fire or is it pretty straight forward? Any thoughts?

Get the bike up to operating temp and make sure the battery is fully charged. Stop the engine, tap the start button to power up the ECU again, and start the program. Upload the current map. Back the idle speed screw out completely and cal the throttle min and max positions, move and hold the throttle pulley with your hand to be sure its at the ends of travel. Enter your injector and TB cal factors, download, and your done. Re-start the ECU, go to the monitor mode, and set the throttle position to 3.6% using the idle speed screw. Start the bike and adjust idle for 2100-2200.

If your not sure, I would call Cannondale and get the cal factors the bike came with. Raise the flow rate 1% and drop the offset 5% to start. You should see an improvement. Drop the offset in 5% increments until the plug looks good.