White Bros. Exhaust and jetting

I was considering a new silencer for my '01 KLX300R. I think I want the White Bros. model. I have the CA version of the KLX300R. Do I need to rejet if I put the new silencer on? I do not know if I will use the stock headpipe or get a new one with the silencer? Does it make a big difference in horsepower?

You may or may not need to rejet. I depends on how your bike runs after doing your chosen mods. My KLX ran better after the free mods and a new pipe, no rejetting was needed. Jets are not expensive and rejetting is pretty easy, a little time consuming though. If you have a hard time figuring it out there are many KLX'ers that can help you out.

I needed to re-jet mine, but I ride around 4-8k' elevation and the dealer had jetted it before I got the pipe. I think I basically needed to go back to the stock jetting. Not hard to do, just time-consuming with a lot of trial and error.

I got to the point where I wanted a pumper carb anyway, so I worked on jetting with the new carb.

LukesRacing.com is a decent place to work with on WB stuff. 20% off WB's MSRP and free shipping.

You do want the head pipe as well as the e-Series. Everything just fits better and the biggest gain is from the larger diameter pipe anyway. If you think you'll want a pumper carb, you should consider it at the same time. The combination has made my bike a blast to ride. It feels, dare I said it, like a 2-stroke.

good luck 🙂