Soooo... I need your help please! The "200" I just bought.. well it might not be a 200??? So as I'm tearing it apart to do a rebuild, I wrote down the VIN and the engine #. The VIN is VBKMXK.... and according to the KTM VIN decoder, MXK is a 300 SX/MXC/DXC.  what tha???

📎KTM VIN.PNG

The engine code (best I could tell) is 4-503-25917. Does that mean anything to anyone?

Do I have a 300 SX?

Check the side of the cylinder for the displacement. That is a stock 200sx pipe on it though. Maybe a 200sx in a different frame, but all the pics you've posted it "looks" like a 200sx.

Soooo... I need your help please! The "200" I just bought.. well it might not be a 200??? So as I'm tearing it apart to do a rebuild, I wrote down the VIN and the engine #. The VIN is VBKMXK.... and according to the KTM VIN decoder, MXK is a 300 SX/MXC/DXC. what tha???

📎KTM VIN.PNG

The engine code (best I could tell) is 4-503-25917. Does that mean anything to anyone?

Do I have a 300 SX?

Look on the side of the jug it should have the displacement written on It

Check the side of the cylinder for the displacement. That is a stock 200sx pipe on it though. Maybe a 200sx in a different frame, but all the pics you've posted it "looks" like a 200sx.

look at the power valve adjuster, it's a 125/200 bottom end.
  • Like 2

I agree it has a 200 looking pipe. I agree the power valve adjuster is 125/200. The writing on the side of the cylinder housing is:

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1435279305.428354.jpg

On top of the cylinder is:

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1435279336.303451.jpg

And I checked the spark plug and it's an NGK BR 7, which is what would go in a 250exc and 300mxc.

Something is weird.

I would, looks plenty saturated to me.

My bike pulls hard from bottom to top with no lag. I can check my jetting and needle tomorrow night after work to compare yours to if you want. I know I wrote it down, can't seem to remember where though!?

I would, looks plenty saturated to me.

My bike pulls hard from bottom to top with no lag. I can check my jetting and needle tomorrow night after work to compare yours to if you want. I know I wrote it down, can't seem to remember where though!?

I would appreciate that.

I wonder if that plug would cause it to run weird.. Poldies, did you see the silencer photo i shared? I'm going to repack it. Think I should get the correct spark plug while I'm at it? :goofy:

I ran a 7 in my bike that should have an 8 it ran great down the street then quit. I then put the 8 in it and it started first kick

Quick question - can I clean out the powervalve on my 2000 200 without taking the cylinder off? Can I just remove the exhaust pipe and get that cap off so I can flush it out with some spray cleaner? I think it is dirty, my power goes a bit flat on the last couple thousand RPMs. I have a ride tomorrow and would like to clean it up a bit, but I don't have enough time or the gaskets to pull the cylinder and do it that way. Thanks for any help!

Quick question - can I clean out the powervalve on my 2000 200 without taking the cylinder off? Can I just remove the exhaust pipe and get that cap off so I can flush it out with some spray cleaner? I think it is dirty, my power goes a bit flat on the last couple thousand RPMs. I have a ride tomorrow and would like to clean it up a bit, but I don't have enough time or the gaskets to pull the cylinder and do it that way. Thanks for any help!

If I remember, I think on my 2001 200 the frame didn't allow me to get that cap off without taking the whole jug off the bike

You can take off the frame mounts and pivot the motor on the swingarm

That's how I did it if I remember right

• Like 1