I put 185hrs. on my '09 200 XC-W before doing its first top end.  Andrew Cooksey  http://www.cookseycrank.com/ has everything you need for a top end job at a great price and great service.  Take off the engine stay bolts, unbolt and pop off the head, unbolt and pop off the cylinder, bingo bango you're ready to do the top end.  For $25. or so, invest in a KTM Repair Manual.  You'll be glad you did.

Thank for the respond. I will completly clean my powervalve aswell, as I lug the big quite a bit and the exhaust port seem to be getting dirty. Im thinking about going from motorex to amsoil interceptor, as it seem to be cleaner burning As for the parts, I got it all already. Got the piston kit from Rocky moutain, and the bearing and gasket from my local KTM dealership. 200 $ Can for everything and Ive got all the gaskets size. Not too bad. Im going in south america for a couple weeks. Back home in canada, I gonna ride till the cold arrive, and do the job. 

Edited by carbosam

Hi I have a 02 200 exc. I am looking for a good source for a free owners manual and workshop manual. I've done quite a bit of searching and can find heaps of pre 2002 and 2003 onwards just not 2002. I payed for a download version which turned out to be a scam. Any help would be great. Also does anybody know the exact carb that comes on this model? Keihin pwk 38 or 38ag? What does the ag stand for? Thanks in advance

This is the place to get the manuals.

http://www.repairmanual.com/product-category/atv-motorcycle-manuals/ktm-motorcycle-manuals/

They're not free but reasonably priced and they are the real deal, factory authorized.

Don't know what the AG stands for, but the carb should be a 38mm PWK.

Hi I have a 02 200 exc. I am looking for a good source for a free owners manual and workshop manual. I've done quite a bit of searching and can find heaps of pre 2002 and 2003 onwards just not 2002. I payed for a download version which turned out to be a scam. Any help would be great. Also does anybody know the exact carb that comes on this model? Keihin pwk 38 or 38ag? What does the ag stand for? Thanks in advance

pm me for a manual

2003 manual will get you out of trouble engine wise

Every thing else is the same for any bike really eg: wheel bearing change ,chain adjustment, rebuild shocks and forks , Internet has most of the info you need as well

Carb is a 38mm not sure if there ag but don't think that matters to much

Hey, I'm getting an 01 exc this weekend and it has all the original plastics and headlight and such and I was wondering if anybody knows if I can replace it with the newer plastics and what mods will be needed to do such(modifying the subframe). I want to make it mostly black with white accents. Thanks for the help.

This is the bike. The guy had the bottom end rebuilt which now has 5 hours and the top end has 15. Its seems like a pretty good deal to me. And what mods should I do to the bike over time? Screenshot_20160818-220333.png

Screenshot_20160822-153233.png

i put a 2012 front fender and headlight on wife's 1998 (same chassis as yours )

hers has a black tank and i put black shrouds off a 2001 525 on it

black number boards like yours and just about to purchase a black rear fender

a mate of mine has a 2004 450 exc and his number boards and rear fender is identical to 1998-2001

so i would assume gas tank from a 2004-2007 would fit 

i put a 2012 front fender and headlight on wife's 1998 (same chassis as yours )

hers has a black tank and i put black shrouds off a 2001 525 on it

black number boards like yours and just about to purchase a black rear fender

a mate of mine has a 2004 450 exc and his number boards and rear fender is identical to 1998-2001

so i would assume gas tank from a 2004-2007 would fit

Ok cool, where did you get the newer headlight from, they have cheap fake ones on ebay, but Idk if I should cheap out on something like that. And did you have to worry about AC or DC when changing the headlight

Ok cool, where did you get the newer headlight from, they have cheap fake ones on ebay, but Idk if I should cheap out on something like that. And did you have to worry about AC or DC when changing the headlight

haven't hooked it up to power yet

it is a ebay one and looks exactly like the originasl i have seen

her 200 has convensional forks atm so i had to make a bracket to fit it , but you should be good with your usd forks and the rubber straps that are supplied

link to build below

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1191178-wifes-1998-ktm-200-exc-tidy-up-and-2012-front-fender-fit-up-how-to/#entry13174877

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1191178-wifes-1998-ktm-200-exc-tidy-up-and-2012-front-fender-fit-up-how-to/#entry13184958

haven't hooked it up to power yet

it is a ebay one and looks exactly like the originasl i have seen

her 200 has convensional forks atm so i had to make a bracket to fit it , but you should be good with your usd forks and the rubber straps that are supplied

link to build below

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1191178-wifes-1998-ktm-200-exc-tidy-up-and-2012-front-fender-fit-up-how-to/#entry13174877

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1191178-wifes-1998-ktm-200-exc-tidy-up-and-2012-front-fender-fit-up-how-to/#entry13184958

Yeah your build looks pretty sweet so far. I basically wanna do the same to the front of mine

Hey, I'm getting an 01 exc this weekend and it has all the original plastics and headlight and such and I was wondering if anybody knows if I can replace it with the newer plastics and what mods will be needed to do such(modifying the subframe). I want to make it mostly black with white accents. Thanks for the help.

This is the bike. The guy had the bottom end rebuilt which now has 5 hours and the top end has 15. Its seems like a pretty good deal to me. And what mods should I do to the bike over time? ?Screenshot_20160818-220333.png

?Screenshot_20160822-153233.png

Just off the top of my head to look like a 03-07 I believe you need a 2003-07 fuel tank with shrouds, seat(to match rear sub frame year), 03 rear sub frame or modified 04-07 subframe, and the rear fender/plates. You can use whatever front fender you want.

Here is a friends '00 KTM 380 that was updated.

post-387742-14717294817348.jpg

• Like 1

Just off the top of my head to look like a 03-07 I believe you need a 2003-07 fuel tank with shrouds, seat(to match rear sub frame year), 03 rear sub frame or modified 04-07 subframe, and the rear fender/plates. You can use whatever front fender you want.

Here is a friends '00 KTM 380 that was updated.

post-387742-14717294817348.jpg

Ok I'll look into the parts and all, I could probably find stuff on eBay for pretty cheap I assume

This is the bike. The guy had the bottom end rebuilt which now has 5 hours and the top end has 15. Its seems like a pretty good deal to me. And what mods should I do to the bike over time? 📎Screenshot_20160818-220333.png

📎Screenshot_20160822-153233.png

You can do all of that stuff if you want. I have owned that bike for years and several others of the same generation. I'm going to give you my advice. Buy the $100 full plastic kit from RMATV, then get a real niche graphics set for it, it will look better than the modified ones, save you a ton of money and time as well. 

I want to buy that stock pipe and guard off you though. 

• Like 4

You can do all of that stuff if you want. I have owned that bike for years and several others of the same generation. I'm going to give you my advice. Buy the $100 full plastic kit from RMATV, then get a real niche graphics set for it, it will look better than the modified ones, save you a ton of money and time as well. 

That was what I did to my 200.

post-297194-0-73520900-1435612547.jpg

• Like 2

I just looked for those plastics, I found polysport ones. Not sure if these are the ones you mean. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1046/24181/Polisport-Complete-Replica-Plastic-Kit?v=956

But I will continue to look. Hell the bike isn't even mine yet, so I don't want to get to into it.

We'll talk about the guard and pipe after. I was thinking about getting an FMF but we'll see what happens

• Like 1

I just looked for those plastics, I found polysport ones. Not sure if these are the ones you mean. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1046/24181/Polisport-Complete-Replica-Plastic-Kit?v=956

But I will continue to look. Hell the bike isn't even mine yet, so I don't want to get to into it.

We'll talk about the guard and pipe after. I was thinking about getting an FMF but we'll see what happens

If you don't need that huge of a gas tank you can swap a 99-02(possibly 07) SX tank, SX shrouds and 99-02 seat on to it. I think you can use the 03-07 EXC tank with the SX shrouds and seat also if the SX tank is too small. It looks like the200 you are looking to get has a tall seat on it btw.

The polysport kit is it, they fit as well as stock but are a touch more brittle I think. Trust me, a solid value though. Well worth it.

1471914807550.jpg

• Like 1